'clicking noise' 405 - duggie
Hi, maybe someone could help with a problem l have with a 405 l've just bought, theres an annoying clicking sound coming from under the glove box, under the glovebox is the heater fan which l removed to find it continues to run slowly, even though the switch is in the off position! the clicking noise is coming from the unit that opens and closes the vent flap, it sounds like the unit is also continuously running, the car is fitted with air conditioning, is there any sensors that control this unit? if anyone could help could you let me know.
Many thanks, Duggie
'clicking noise' 405 - Adam {P}
Pure guess and lord knows I'm not mechanic but is the fusebox behind the glove box? If so, could it be a relay?

--
"Ah...beer - my only weakness - my achilles heel if you will"
no its definitely coming from this unit, whats strange is this is the second 405 l've had with this problem, which makes me wonder if this is a common problem or l've been unlucky!
'clicking noise' 405 - elekie&a/c doctor
This noise is the recirculation flap motor cycling.(common fault on 405 &406 models ) best quick fix is to disconnect motor but make sure air flap is in position of outside air entry not recirc air.
Thanks for that, would this make the fan motor run, even if the switch to the fan is in the off position? what is the easiest way to disconnect the flap motor, seems well tucked away under the dash,
'clicking noise' 405 - elekie&a/c doctor
On this car the fan motor runs at very slow speed even when switch is off .(no connection to recirc flap motor)Access to recirc motor is a bit tricky,it is situated to the left of blower motor (when seated in passenger seat) at the top rear.It usually has a 4 or 5 pin connector.(you need a double jointed arm!!! )
\'clicking noise\' 405 - duggie
Thanks for your help, job for tomorrow,

{Rest of post & smutty comments deleted. DD}