Quick post-personal - THe Growler
Sorry folks: Growlette has managed to break her leg (no no not on her bike, she fell down the stairs and no no it wasn't after a surfeit of San Miguel). Guess who is doing the fetching and carrying (literally!) now?

She's Ok but will be hors de combat for a while. Crutches 10-12 weeks. A pity because she just completed her Foundation Safety Riding Course with flying colours and by the time she gets her cast off it will be rainy season so no riding. She wrote an enormously long *.txt file about it which she wanted to post here but I said really that's much too much for the BR and anyway not many of them are bikers. She really did well (she always does at anything) and Jake her instructor said she was the best student he'd ever had. That's my girl. 110% at everything, that's her.

Wouldn't be posting this except one or two people contacted us and said let us know how you get on with the course. I think it's a standard package internationally and by G's account it should be a must-do for all riders. I and she particularly liked the way it is aimed at women riders and their situation. Anyway if anyone wants the full Growlette debrief just PM me and I'll forward it. It's probably too long for the BR.

Thanks Moddies for your forebearance with this post.

Quick post-personal - Mark (RLBS)
>>It's probably too long for the BR.

Yeah, well, its sunny and I'm in a good mood. By all means post it if you wish.
Quick post-personal - Clanger
Best wishes to Growlette for a speedy recovery. And now as Mark has indicated, let's see that post!
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Quick post-personal - Altea Ego
So its "daddy do this and daddy do that" huh? Good for her I am sure she has been waiting on you for far too long...;)

Best wishes to her.
Quick post-personal - BrianW
Very sorry to hear about her accident.
Her's hoping for a quick uncomplicated recover.
Quick post-personal - Ian (Cape Town)
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Tell her NOT to ride the skateboard in the house.
Will this prompt a new post akin to the bumper sticker thread: "Silly things written on plaster casts"?
Quick post-personal - Brill {P}
Ouch Growler, best wishes to her.
Quick post-personal - uk2usa
I took the MSF riders basic course here in the US. On completion they give you an exemption certificate which you can take to the MVD and exchange for a full bike licence. Seems a little too easy. The course is good and I certainly learned a lot about bikes than I did before. However, I do not think it prepares you for riding on the road, which is a completely different ballgame.
My $0.02
Quick post-personal - HF
Both congratulations and commiserations to Growlette. Really bad luck for her to have the accident just when she was ready to have some fun riding.

Looking forward to reading the report.
HF