V. Omega 3.8 V6 - Mark (Brazil)
I drove one of these this morning out to the airport and back, a new one. What a lovely car.

This is a CDX and the standard of equipment was great. Lovely powerful & quiet engine, very comfortable seats, nice and smooth to drive.

Loads of switches and lights to press and look at, always something which impresses me.

Its a new shape, I assume, therefore, a new model. At least, it was a different shape/model than a 2.0 I drove in the UK as a rental a couple of years ago.

If only it wasn't a Vauxhall. (Actually, it isn't here, its a Chevrolet, but its the same thing).

M.
Re: V. Omega 3.8 V6 - Andy Bairsto
Its sold in north america as a cadilac with the option of 3.8 or 5.7 v8 engine they are actually built in Germany and exported round the world the will be available on a opel badge later this year.
Re: V. Omega 3.8 V6 - Ivor Brasser
is this the caddy that zigs ? or was that the Omega ?
Re: V. Omega 3.8 V6 - Alwyn
I was thinking of buying a second-hand Omega but Honest John's review and suggestions of poor reliablitiy on the Auto Express site put me off.

It is a 2.5 V6 CDX with 75,000 miles and a full history. Asking price (too high?)
£5,500.

Are they reliable?

Cheers
Re: V. Omega 3.8 V6 - Richard Hall
We had one on our company car fleet. As a direct result of the problems we had with it, we now get our company cars on contract hire rather than buying them. That car cost as a fortune (including no fewer than six attempts to get the auto transmission to work properly). When we sold it at 3 years old, the oil cooler was starting to leak, there was a small coolant leak from the back of the engine that we were told was an engine-out job to fix due to poor accessibility, the car felt tired and sloppy to drive (with only 60K on it) and we only got three grand for it. At that sort of money a V6 Omega is probably worth the risk (ours was a lovely comfortable car when it ran properly) but I wouldn't pay more than £3K for one.