HJ the Mondewoe has gone, run'g in car? - Daedalus
The Mondewoe has gone, got £330 for it. The new car is a Nissan Primera 2.2 DCi S, not as basic as it first seems. I thought that as its FIRST service is at 12000 miles I would ask HJs advice on running in and oil changes. My own thoughts were change oil and filter at 2000 miles for a good mineral oil to the Nissan spec and then at 6000 change again to full synthetic for diesel engines with changes at 6000 after that. I hope that the synth will get me a couple more mpg.

"Why a Primera?" I hear you all ask. Price! We have bought it under a Private Contract Purchase plan, if we don't like it after 2 years we give it back, if we do we buy it. The finance is as follows from the lease agreement.

Cash price inc vat and RFL £10,678.76 (5K below retail)
Less deposit and first payment £652.47
Admin fee £35.00
23 Further monthly payments £217.49
Final installment if we buy £6572.38

So thats £5,654.74 over two years and poss buy it in total for £12227.12.

I looked all over for cheaper in the way of Mazda 6's, Avensis, Accord etc and this was the by far the cheapest. OK its a Nissan but hopefully it will not need a new clutch or engine in its first year of ownership.

Bill

HJ the Mondewoe has gone, run'g in car? - Aprilia
If its anything like the Nissans I've owned then it will give you many years reliable service.

Just done a full service on my wife's '98 Primera. Still has pretty much everything original (including discs, pads, battery, exhaust etc.) just had regular service items. Never been garaged, never failed to start first turn of the key, still drives superbly.
HJ the Mondewoe has gone, run'g in car? - Clanger
Enjoy the new car.

Such a good deal must leave money over for a new bike.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
HJ the Mondewoe has gone, run'g in car? - Daedalus
Unfortunatly not. SWMBO has seen to that. The Blackbird may even have to go and after 46000 trouble free miles apart from coming off once due to a failed wheel bearing I would really miss it.

Apologise to HJ, the FAQs it is then.

Bill
HJ the Mondewoe has gone, run'g in car? - Dynamic Dave
I thought that as its FIRST service is at 12000 miles...
My own thoughts were change oil and filter at 2000 miles
for a good mineral oil to the Nissan spec and then at 6000
change again to full synthetic for diesel engines with
changes at 6000 after that.

There's been several discussions over in Technical Matters that suggest changing the oil too early on a new car (especially diesel engines) can do more harm than changing it when it is actually due at 12,000 miles or whenever.