Well ND started it on the Computer Forum - THe Growler
This is just a reply to No Dosh in the computer forum -- Moddies pls wipe or redirect as appropriate and thanks to anyone with the patience to read this. If I stray outside the Board\'s boundaries put it down to anno domini and the tropical heat. (Jeez it\'s a killer this week, 36 C every day, Lord knows what my electric bill for a/c will be this month...)

LOL, ND -=- to your post in the Computer Forum..... with an ice cold San Miguel in the clutch hand and Growlette yelling faster faster from the back seat.......while I text my broker and tell him to sell my IBM stock.......Never mind the Nokia 6820.

No, not ever.

Whatever the impression conveyed I would like to say all our Harley riders in trhe Philppines and indeed the other clubs I know are mainly ex Nam or Gulf War and expat Brits who have seen a lot and done a lot and have a very realistic view of their own mortality, We do ride hard and fast, very much so, our Iron Butt Award went to a 1700km in 24 hours rider last month. Not sure I could do that myself. At all times we follow the traffic code (except at Easter when there isn\'t any traffic!) We dress appropriately in protective gear, especially our girls. Each ride has a designated leader who will navigate a section of the ride to a specific place, let\'s say a gas station with a Starbucks where we all take a break and then another leader will take over. He is responsible for paying the expressway tolls for everyone and leading the ride. At the back is a designated \"sweeper\" whose job it is to make sure everyone keeps up and to take care of a problem (flat tire, traffic violation etc). All have cellphones of course. especially important we all drink lots of H2O or Gatorade in this heat, particularly our girls with their small frames. We ride in staggered formation so we \"own\" the highway lanes we occupy and prevent PFD from crowding us. It is everybody\'s job to look after everybody else.

I would take my helmet off to our Filipinas, who are truly good sports and put up with our shenanigans. Terrific girls. Not only great to look at but they keep us in line and they love to ride as well. Those little arms wrapped around you -- would you believe Growlette sometimes dozes off on long straight stretches at 100 mph!...! Just keep \'em off the karaoke in the evenings....

There is a lady\'s riding course next week which i have enrolled Catherine on. She\'s a bit nervous with the way her Virago drops into the bends so I\'m hoping this will help. I would rather see her on a Harley Sportster which is a much solider bike, working on that but expensive....$$$

I cringe when Growlette says from the back of my Hog hey Dadi why did you freak out on that bend? You don\'t lay it into the corners like you used to when I first met you (old age). Oops, losing it mate, biker babe asserting authority.I have to admit my chicken strips on the tyres do look a bit unmolested despite 1000 km of country roads in 3 days.

Metzeler vs Dunlop? All suggestions gratefully received..... Thommo?.....

We participate in a number of action groups to lobby the authorities into raising the profile of motorcycles in their traffic planning. This has met with some success. www.motorcyclephilippines.com

The largest Harley group in the RP is probably the Mad Dogs MC. I\'m not a member (my group is The Chosen Few) but I do ride with them and they do a lot of good work for the orphanages and the street children. I am glad to participate in that. Growlette is at once an angel and a disciplinarian with the kids and they love a back-ride on her little Virago 400 cc. We took 40 of them on a flight round the big volcano the other week (can provide a link if anyone interested). Can\'t tell you how it felt to see those little faces grinning from ear to ear.

We drink a great deal of beer and shoot a lot of BS round the bar. Bikers do. The girls in de Pilipinas love to ride on Harleys. Hondayamazukis? Ducatis? No. I don\'t know why. Ask them.

Wouldn\'t swap it for anything.If this is where it all ends, well bring it on.

Doesn\'t get a whole lot better than that. Sorry if I bored you but there was a health warning up front.....
G out

Well DD started it on the Computer Forum - No Do$h
Are you sure about that San Miguel? It was me, not DD..... In any even, it sound pretty damn fine to me. Long may your wheels keep spinning.

ND
Well ND started it on the Computer Forum - Dynamic Dave
Are you sure about that San Miguel? It was me,
not DD.....

Duly edited. DD.

Well ND started it on the Computer Forum - No Do$h
Aw, I wanted to leave it.
Well ND started it on the Computer Forum - Dynamic Dave
Well use your edit keys then.

Sigh, do I have to do everything around here?
Well ND started it on the Computer Forum - THe Growler
Now now ladies, let's not have any of that. The fault was mine, resulting from what we used to call "finger trouble".

2 people asked me for the link I mentioned. It isn't motoring but my pal Jung has done a good job. Ken who runs this small airline is kind of a friend of mine and it was such a marvellous day out it seems like worth sharing. Very occasionally we are reminded it is all worth it after all: this was one of those days.

May be slow to load on a dial-up. Quite a lot of graphics. If you get a password prompt just hit "Cancel". Enjoy.

www.asianescapades.com/promo/seair/
Well ND started it on the Computer Forum - Alyn Beattie
Hi Growler

Thanks for the link. I am sure there is a small tear in my eye. From my links with Round Table, and other organisations, I know how rewarding this type of work can be. My best regards to all involved and keep up the good work.

--
Alyn Beattie

I'm sane, it's the rest of the world that's mad.
Well ND started it on the Computer Forum - GRowlette
Hallo all:

It's me Growlette. Boss says I have to post something. Not much to say so I dont normally. English not so good also. Not too many girls posting so I'm shy to write, I do read the site though. I used to like HF what she said. Never been to UK, maybe one day. he says its cold and I would hate it, but I'd like to try. Funny to drive on that side of the road!

I got my bike course coming up Tuesday: 3 days n I'm a bit scared. Its all girls 5 I think, sometime in the classroom and the rest riding practice at the country club. Motorcycle Safety Foundation so good teacher Jake, I know him. But de Big One wants it so what to do. In Asia man is always the boss. It's a good idea, cos I do like to ride and its true you never stop learning. Girls in Thailand also I think. Pattaya has many girl riders. Also Taiwan.

So hot here now. We rode out at Lenten week with his friends and we got very dry, had to drink so much Gatorade. I hate the sun it makes me dark, so he rides with bare arms becos of the heat but I have the jacket on, it's Ok when we're moving but so humid when we stop. Pale skin is very important to a Filipina, otherwise we look like a girl from the mountain.

Had a big biker party at Insomnia in Angeles City. All the dancers couldn't wear their bikinis they had to dance in street clothes because it's Holy Week. He had too much Jack (as usual) with his buddies. But not to drink and ride, never. Anyway my job is to get him back to the hotel in peace but not in pieces (as usual). What to do, it goes with the job he always tells me and he's my man.

I like my bike its a little Yam Virago, like a small Harley but not to go out of town, I like to ride but just local. Only its small to go long distances (400 cc na lang) so I back ride with him. The Chosen Few is our group. 2 French, two Septic and him a Brit. No one can join unless by invitation. We often ride with the Manila Mad Dogs and American Steel Riders. They are crazy old men that group! Nothing but Harleys of course. But when his turn to be leader on a section of the ride they all complain he goes so fast! 200 kph sometimes I think. On Philippine roads that is very fast but he doesn't care. Sometimes we tease the cops cos we know they can't catch us. Good rider anyway, always feel OK with him. Our Harley is very strong. 2000 Softail, sometimes he spends more time than with me. So much custom bits on it from the States.

I also have a Ford Lynx. 2001 automatic. But I'm not a good driver (bought my license hehe!) Much prefer 2 wheels anyway. We have a superbike Goddess here called Love-Love, she rides a Ducati and races it. She's Chinese and is very beautiful. Rich also hehe!

HJ I like the hat. The girls here would tease you! You are a good looking one.

Please do take time to look at the post about the street children and the volcano flight we did.

I don't know if its OK to say all this. Its not what the site is for I think. Anyway G made me!

Salamat po. Ingat ka.

Growlette (aka Catherine).
Well ND started it on the Computer Forum - HF
Hi Growlette,

Just to say - good luck with your bike course - let us know how you get on!

Also - don't be shy about writing here. I'm sure your English is just a tad better than most of our Tagalog (?), and it's always very interesting to read your reports.

Take care
HF