Peugeot 807 - Ian from Manchester
I have bought a Pug 807 2.0 HDI. Generally its good but the diesel just doesnt have any top end poke. Great around town but try and open it up and its gutless. The dealer says the emissions filter may be causing problems.

Does anyone have any experience of this engine? Is there anyone in Peugeot (remain anon if you like) who can give me some low down on this. Thanks
Peugeot 807 - Quinny100
Is there actually something wrong with it, or is it just a bit slow?

We've got a Citroen C8 2.2HDi at work that I have the use of, and its no speed demon. I have owned a C5 with the same engine and that wouldn't half shift when you stood on the loud pedal, the C8 doesn't have anything like the same response presumably due to the weight and comparatively poor aerodynamics. I've driven a few C5 2.0 HDi 110's and they didn't pull anything like the 2.2, so in the MPV I can imagine it struggles a bit.

As a matter on interest, what car did you own before the 806? If you've always had petrol, diesels do take a bit of getting used to.
Peugeot 807 - Quinny100
Oh, one thing you could check is throttle cable. All the new Citroen's I've seen have been delivered with at least an inch of free play on the throttle cable. Once adjusted out it improves the throttle response no end.
Peugeot 807 - Altea Ego
Throttle cable? do cars have throttle cables now?
Peugeot 807 - Andrew-T
RF - I think you know what we mean? - the go-faster pedal. My used 306 HDi came with half-an-inch of slack in the cable, and eliminating most of that made a big difference. Some diesel conditioner may help too.
Peugeot 807 - pugman
Just bought an 807 myself, though it is the 2.2 130hp version. With that engine it always feels as though it has enough go, but you'd never call it quick. I've owned 2 Pugs with the 110bhp HDi engine (both 307s) and they felt strong from 1500 - 3000 rpm, and torque then subsequently died away noticeably upto the 4000rpm power peak. Hence in normal driving there was negligble benefit in pushing the car beyond 3000rpm. Therefore my guess is that your car is normal - you do only have 110bhp pushing around 1700kg after all (400kg more than a 307!). The engine should free up with a few miles - I found that there was more top end power once the car had done 5000 miles.

The 807s have an electronic "drive by wire" linkage to the fuel injection system (no throttle, as its a diesel), so its unlikely there is any cable to be slack.

Hope this helps.
Peugeot 807 - Quinny100
The PSA cars do, but they're only connected to a electrical potentiometer rather than anything mechanical.
Peugeot 807 - Ben79
The 2.0 110 has more torque at very low revs than the 2.2, but once you are above 3000 revs, the 2.2 will fly in comparison.

I drive a 2.0 110 C5 and think it is great, not a very very fast country road car, but it aint slow.

Give it a bit more time, check the air filter, make sure fully synthetic oil is used and learn to use the torque.
Peugeot 807 - Clanger
How many miles has it done? It may just be tight.

Many diesels don't give of their best until £20k miles have passed.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land