focus power steering pump - Andy22
i have a 52reg focus and it needs a new power steering pump already, leaking aparantly.

under warranty after i saw the quote of £300 fitted thank god!

was it just a faulty one or is this common?
focus power steering pump - GroovyChick{P}
I had the same problem on my 99 'S'reg. Didn't actually replace it as the car was out of warranty. The leak was only minor and i just topped up the fluid every 6 months or so.

Better keep an eye on my 52 plate now!!

GC
focus power steering pump - Greg R
At what mileages are the steering pumps failing. Assuming we are talking about mega miles i.e. 200,000 miles, it may be deemed acceptable.

What would be the implications of buying the power steering pump secondhand?
focus power steering pump - Quinny100
Leaky PAS pumps are quite a common complaint on the Focus. Ford don't sell a seal kit, I've never seen one but I have have heard independant mechanics complain that they reckon new seals would cure some leaks but they can't try them.

Mileage doesn't seem to be the issue, I've heard of low mileage examples failing.

The implications of buying second hand are that you don't know how long the seals will last, and if somebody hasn't been careful removing it from the donor car theres a high probability the seals will be damaged and it will leak from the moment you fit it.
focus power steering pump - DL
£300 fitted is cheap in my experience!
Some run of the mill Peugeot PAS pumps can be over £300 alone - and they fail with alarming regularity!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link