Passat 110tdi power loss - chippy
I have had an intermittent power loss on my 97 Passat for over 18 months. The main agent changed the turbo boost pressure valve, no difference, later they replaced the MAF sensor, no difference. I was then told the turbo was faulty, a replacement would cost £1010 ! I then trawled the backroom and found reference to a small hose. This runs from the large black piping running from the intercooler to the inlet manifold, it is right in the middle of the engine at the back. The hose exits this pipe from below and is only about 4mm in diameter, it then disappears into the wiring which heads off into the ECU. Take the cover off the ECU and you will find the hose entering the back. I tried to blow through it and found it blocked (oil gradually builds up in this hose, later models have a separate sensor mounted on top of the inlet manifold pipe to avoid this). £2.79 for a length of windscreen washer hose to by-pass this blocked hose and it has been running perfectly ever since! Thank you Honestjohn, you saved me over £1000!
Passat 110tdi power loss - DL
Great news!

This is the sort of feedback we want! Well done to all involved - and NO THANKS to the Dealership workshop involved!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link