brake problem pug 405 gldt - pienmash
went out to bleed the brakes,had a new master cylinder in the office,so i thought ,ill change that while i was there,no problems on the change,uuntil i went to bleed the brakes,drivers side wheel off,bleed right side no problems,went to bleed the left and nothing no fluid,no air bubbles,so i had a suck on the pipe,at last fluid and bubbles of air,but there is no pressure in the left hand brake system?????h3lp,i wore my daughters leg out making her pump the brake
brake problem pug 405 gldt - Civic8
Why did you replace it?
intermitnent no brakes at slow speeds below 10 mph in traffic.
brake problem pug 405 gldt - Civic8
When you say no brakes.do you mean extreme pressure needed on pedal to give any braking or no brakes at all.I could be wrong but would guess at the vacuum pump on alternator.I assuming the vacuum pump is on alternator.would think the pipe is split.I dont know the car so I may well be wrong?
brake problem pug 405 gldt - DL
Brake servos on 4405's give trouble as the miles mount up - we've done three in the last 6 months.

Whereas master cylinders don't generally give trouble.

Rear disc brakes? If so, that makes bleeding the system real fun.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
ive sorted the problem nw,i got one of those 15 quid one man bleed kits from halfords,there was so much air in the system it was like a virgin ballon,well ive bleed the system,brakes work better than ever,been talking to a pug mechanic ,he recons vacum servos are the last thing to go on 93 upwards models as the build quality is brillant on 92-93 models upwards,still not got the cold start sorted ,still cranks alot before it will finally turn over,im off to sort out my 5th gear prob now byebye
brake problem pug 405 gldt - DL
>been talking to a pug mechanic ,he recons vacum servos are the last thing to go on 93 upwards models as the build quality is brillant on 92-93 models upwards<

OK, I'm just telling you what I have come across over the last 6-9 months.

By the way - I'm a Peugeot Technician. I'll leave it at that.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link