2004 Primera 2.2DCi SE - dodo
Had a good drive today in a demo Nissan Primers 2.2 DCi (138 bhp). Excellent car and seems very economical. How much should I pay for a 2004 model with 3000 miles? Dealer kindly let me take it home for my wife to try and will bring it back tomorrow. Thinking about £11-12000. Am I too optimistic?
2004 Primera 2.2DCi SE - Wales Forester
Dodo,
I too am considering the DCi Primera as a Mondeo replacement and it's good to hear you rate it from first impressions as I've yet to drive one.

As for the price - www.motorpoint.co.uk have a 53 reg 2.2 DCi SVE 5dr in silver with 6800 miles on the clock for £11999 (import?), they're a cheap outlet so add at least a couple of grand at a Nissan main dealer.

Good luck and post your opinion of the car if you do buy.

PP
2004 Primera 2.2DCi SE - NitroBurner
Wonder why, since I presume it's the Renault engine, they only grace it with 138 BHP. 150 in the Laguna...!

Or am I wrong?
2004 Primera 2.2DCi SE - Altea Ego
Thats what I wondered. Dunno where the horsepowers gone. Either the chip or the turbo i suspect.
2004 Primera 2.2DCi SE - Cardew(USA)
Without getting into the merits of Petrol v Diesel, Trade Sales have new petrol Primeras at prices ranging from 9.5K - 11k pounds.

You need to drive a lot of miles to recover the extra money paid up front for a second hand diesel. In fuel costs you may save 30-40 pounds per 1000 miles.
2004 Primera 2.2DCi SE - googolplex
Nice car. Only thing that put me off them, when I was looking, was the ordinary boot size.
138/150 BHP? Who's going to notice the difference?
Splodgeface
2004 Primera 2.2DCi SE - Altea Ego
Regardless, if it is the renault lump its a sweet engine, far better than the petrol in the Primera (the petrol engine in the Primera has a thirst and is gutless in my opinion.)
2004 Primera 2.2DCi SE - Thicko2
You can buy a brand new one at newcar discount for 12.5k
A Nissan dealer 30 miles away can sell me a new Primera 2.2 DCi SE+ (+ = 17" alloys and metallic paint) for £13250. Bargain or what!
Deal done. £13000 for new Primera 2.2DCi SE+ hatch in silver metallic, 17" alloys, 12 months tax from my local UK main dealer. Can't be bad! Collecting Friday -will keep you posted.
2004 Primera 2.2DCi SE - Wales Forester
Seems like a good price to me Dodo, I'm sure you can mention the dealer name as it's a positive thread, i'd be interested to know.

Good luck with it and make sure we get a write up about it after you've worn it in.

PP
Nissan Enniskillen Co Fermanagh Northern Ireland, Still part of the UK (Donnellys).
2004 Primera 2.2DCi SE - Marc
I believe Nissan are heavily advertising SE Primeras with a free upgrade of 17" alloys and met paint ("ice blade" or something) at the moment at somewhere around the 14k mark - that may be for the petrol version though
2004 Primera 2.2DCi SE - DavidHM
No, that's the diesel - the petrol is £13k. It would be highly unreasonable to expect another £3k off that though.

Well collected car yesterday and I'm well chuffed. Smooth, quiet and loadsa toys and very torquey. Will keep you posted.