Time for a parking ticket thread? - pdc {P}
Taken from www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004131700,00.html (I don't read that site, just get news syndicated from multiple sources via RSS)

A VAN driver stopped to ask a traffic warden for directions — and got a £50 ticket from his colleague.

Derek Scott, 47, got lost as he searched for an address in central London.

After driving down the same road in Westminster three times, he spotted a warden, pulled over and ran to the back of his Mercedes Sprinter van to ask for help.

The helpful warden said NOTHING about illegal parking and told him the way to the nearby address.

But as relieved Derek went to get in his vehicle, he found a SECOND warden writing a ticket.

Despite pleading with the warden, he was told: “You’re too late, you shouldn’t have stopped here.”

Derek fumed: “I couldn’t believe my eyes. It’s ridiculous.”

The dad of two was told the ticket had been imposed because he had stopped in an area when “waiting loading and unloading restrictions were in place”.

He has been given 14 days to pay the £50 fine, or it will be increased to £100.

But Derek — who is retired due to ill health — said: “I wasn’t waiting, loading or unloading and I was talking to a warden when this other one booked me.

“I’m furious. It’s just barmy bureaucracy.”

Derek, of Hartlepool, Cleveland, had driven 240 miles to London only because he was taking a friend to a new job on a building site.

The City of Westminster Council’s Parking Regulation Unit, which uses NCP wardens, refused to show mercy.

A spokesman said: “We have a firm but fair parking policy.”
Time for a parking ticket thread? - Robbie
Then there's the one about the traffic warden who tried to ticket a crane that was moving a couple of statues from a museum.

icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100regionaln...1
Time for a parking ticket thread? - Armitage Shanks{P}
Try this link

www.parking-appeals.gov.uk

If he is retired and fancies a break he could refuse to pay and go to prison and become a tabloid sponsored \'martyr\'!
Time for a parking ticket thread? - frostbite
That even beats the silly but hilarious 'Just for Laughs' on BBC1 where, on Saturday, they had a zealous 'warden' allowing people 30secs after stopping to get to the pay & display machine.
Time for a parking ticket thread? - Thommo
These people really have become a menace to society.

Once again the car driver is being subjected to another tax...
Time for a parking ticket thread? - glowplug
My brother went to court over a parking ticket, it went like this...

Goes to see our sister in hospital, machine wouldn't accept his change so back to the vehicle for loose change from ashtray, still wouldn't accept money. Swapped some coins with a passer by, still no luck. Put note in windscreen about where he was, what time it was, how long he expected to be and why he couldn't buy a ticket. Back to vehicle 20 minutes later, ticketed, not happy, tries machine - still bust, now furious. Writes to ticket office explaining the circumstances and offering to pay the parking charge but not fine. They refuse and take him to court. In court 'their' lawyer (solicitor, barrister - don't know proper term!) stands up reads out the details and states that under the circumstances he doesn't know why the case had gone to court and they are dropping it!

How's that for a waste of time and money?

Steve.
Time for a parking ticket thread? - smokie
Once when I was visiting a customer in Prescott Stret, London, I filled the parking meter with a horrendous amount of change for the max 2 hours.

Came out in less then an hour, and was amazed to discover a ticket on the car.

In my rush, I'd fed the meter for the adjacent bay...

Time for a parking ticket thread? - keo-the-dog
My brother went to court over a parking ticket, it went
like this...
Goes to see our sister in hospital, machine wouldn't accept his
change so back to the vehicle for loose change from ashtray,
still wouldn't accept money. Swapped some coins with a passer by,
still no luck. Put note in windscreen about where he was,
what time it was, how long he expected to be and
why he couldn't buy a ticket. Back to vehicle 20 minutes
later, ticketed, not happy, tries machine - still bust, now furious.
Writes to ticket office explaining the circumstances and offering to pay
the parking charge but not fine. They refuse and take him
to court. In court 'their' lawyer (solicitor, barrister - don't know
proper term!) stands up reads out the details and states that
under the circumstances he doesn't know why the case had gone
to court and they are dropping it!
How's that for a waste of time and money?
Steve.

sue them for costs , time, and inconvenience you will win and probably out of court a threat of suing with details of your claim may even be enough (why should they get away this).