Vectra 2.0 DTI acceleration stutter - craigey
Hi all,

I've been looking through the previous threads looking for an answer to a problem that I'm having with my 2.0 DTI 1999 Vectra. So far I have found a few links, but they nearly all point to the Air Flow Meter (AFM), I have tried swapping it with a spare, but it didn't make a difference. However when I unplugged the AFM my ECU light came on and I couldn't rev the car over 4000 RPMs. So I'm doubtful that could be the problem.

The problem is that when you accelerate between 2500 - 3500 revs the car seems to loose all power for about 1-2 seconds. It then picks up and continues to accelerate for a couple of seconds before loosing power again. It just keeps doing it in all gears except 1st (and only in 2nd when very cold). In all other gears the problem is constantly there. It get's really annoying accelerating from 70-80+ mph.

Anyway when I first noticed the problem I took a look under the bonnet and I could hear air from somewhere. I traced it to a split in the Turbo pipe, which a local garage replaced for me. I had assumed that replacing the pipe would fix the problem, but no such luck. Has anyone got any other ideas on what could be causing this.

Thanks for your time guys.
anyone?
Vectra 2.0 DTI acceleration stutter - Sooty Tailpipes
Are there any faults stored?
Ask the dealer to run a TECH2 test.....the results may give a clue.
Even if the EML light is not on, there can still be faults stored as "NOT PRESENT". Get it tested straight after the fault has ocurred, best thing to do is go in and pretend it's urgent and just started doing it and you're going away the next day, then they'll hopefully do it while you wait (a 15 min job tops) but they may charge you £35 ish. GOOD LUCK!
Thanks for the reply.

I'll get vauxhall to have alook at see what they say.
Vauxhall's currently have the car and have reported that there is an intermitant problem with the Mass airflow meter. The only thing is that the acceleration problem isn't intermittant. I think Vauxhaull have just checked the ECU and found a stored fault of when I unplugged the Mass airflow meter while the engine was running.

Does anyone have any alternative suggestions I can give to Vauxhall and is it worth getting the airflow meter changed for good measure??
Vectra 2.0 DTI acceleration stutter - Sooty Tailpipes
When I was waiting for my MOT at Vauxhalls a few weeks ago, a woman with the same car/engine was reporting exactly the same problem and booking it in.
When you unpugged the MAF sensor, it will have created a "MAF Sensor - Incorrect or no signal - not present" code. Not present means the fault is intermittent.
Thanks for the reply. I decided to ring Vauxhall and let them know that I had unplugged the sensor a few weeks ago, and asked them to let the technician know so that he could double check that the sensor did need replacing.

Anyway I picked the car up after having the sensor replaced and it runs perfectly.