306 Blower/Heated Rear Window Non-func - Slow Coach
I have a 1995 306 Diesel Turbo. Yesterday the blower and heated rear window stopped working. When I eventually found the supply feed to both these relays (BB2) it reads only 3.5v. Obviously not enough to energise the relays. I checked the other side of the ignition switch and this is at the same voltage so I guess it's not that.
I traced the wire back to the control unit (near the battery) and found 12v at that end so I guess there must be a bad connection or fault in the wire between this and the ignition switch.
My next plan is to check the bulkhead connector (behind the wiper motor) to see whether this is the problem or at least narrow down the fault.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the problem?

Thanks,

Slow Coach
306 Blower/Heated Rear Window Non-func - solara
I had similar problem with the wire that runs from demister relay to rear windscreen demister. Similar voltage drop between relay output and demister terminal.
I guess the wiring must have shorted or fused somewhere along the loom run. Never bothered tracing precise location, just disconnected old wire and replaced with a new run. Problem solved.

Might be worth doing a resistance test between supply point and end point (and also earth), obviously with battery disconnected.
This should confirm your suspicions.
306 Blower/Heated Rear Window Non-func - RichardW
Yep, another common Pug / Cit failing! The blower and HRW pull their current across the ignition switch which is not man enough for the job and burns out. The solution is to put a relay in, switched by the igition switch, to carry the current. Even a partially burnt switch should provide enough voltage to throw a relay. Not sure of the exact details for the 306, but on the Xantia there is a separate plug under the steering column you can unplug and wire in the relay - possibly the same on the 306.

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....