Old Mazda MX-5... anygood? - PaulF
I would appreciate anyone's advice on whether a one owner,'H'reg Mazda MX-5 would be a good bet - bearing in mind it's mileage of 175000 miles, good bodywork and a price tag of £1000!
Old Mazda MX-5... anygood? - carayzee
Bite his hand off. You'll get double that in the summer.
Old Mazda MX-5... anygood? - martint123
Go for it. As long as the oil gets changed they're good for 250+k miles no problem. No obvious rust areas.
UK owners club buyers guide at :- mx5oc.co.uk/details/buyers.html

Beware - page dated 2001 by the looks of it - ignore quoted prices.
Old Mazda MX-5... anygood? - keo-the-dog
Bite his hand off. You'll get double that in the summer.

couldn't agree more enjoy it if you dont like it sell it while the sun shines you will be quids in
Old Mazda MX-5... anygood? - Dereksn51
Very good.These engines are pretty well bullet-proof so I'd go ahead
Old Mazda MX-5... anygood? - russbif
best fun you can have with your clothes on, go and buy it, you will not regret it

Russ
Old Mazda MX-5... anygood? - Maz
This is £500 pounds cheaper than any MX5 I've ever heard of - is it a white auto Paul?

I'd be a touch suspicious and check for very rusty sills and that the crank's not about to fall out, which has happened to some early 5s.

Otherwise buy it!
Old Mazda MX-5... anygood? - Vansboy
Glad to see there are SOME bargains around!

Even at this price, HPI check it. Just to make sure it belongs to the guy thats selling it!!

& have fun on the owners club site - don't forget to learn the 'Hi five wave' to other Mx5's on the road!!

VB
This is £500 pounds cheaper than any MX5 I\'ve ever heard
of - is it a white auto Paul?
I\'d be a touch suspicious and check for very rusty sills
and that the crank\'s not about to fall out, which has
happened to some early 5s.
Otherwise buy it!

The car\'s red, manual and owned by the current owner from new. No signs of rusty sills and the engine sounds fine, although I haven\'t test driven it yet (but after the comments on this page, I will be, very shortly!)
Old Mazda MX-5... anygood? - martint123
With those comments Paul, you'd be daft not to.

Check hood for tears and splits. Rear pastic window for splits.
There again, at that price, a replacement roof is still worth it.
About £250 for a new hood, fitted, so not worth worrying about when the car will sell for £2000 easily.
Well, I guess that's made my mind up.I'll go ahead!
Thanks everyone for your advice.
Let us know how you get on Paul.
Well Maz,
I lost the car. It was sold to a person who was so keen to get the Mazda that he travelled from Southampton to Kettering on Wednesday evening (arriving at 11pm!) for more than the asking price - and cash too!
I suppose opportunities like that come \'round as frequently as Hayley\'s Comet. That\'ll teach me to dither!