Omega 2.2 Diesel Misfire - GP
I've got an Omaga 2.2DTi that's 18 months old (only the last 6 months in my ownership) with what feels very much like a misfire/hesitation. It only happens briefly at about 1,700 rpm on a light throttle in higher gears. I'm guessing that this is the point that the turbo cuts in. Pressing the accelerator a little more causes it to disappear. It's more anoying than anything, but my local vauxhall dealer can't seem to identify any problem. This is the first diesel I've owned so is this perhaps just normal ?(I've been used to a very smooth Alfa twin-spark for the last 7 years). When I first got the car the misfire was quite violent and the whole car shook when it happened, although it's settled since being serviced. Any thoughts ?
Omega 2.2 Diesel Misfire - mattyw.
I've thought about getting one of these vehicles for a while, but HJ describes quite a lot of problems with the Omega 2.2 diesels on his car-by-car descriptions; I believe he mentions a support site though so maybe that's worth checking.
Omega 2.2 Diesel Misfire - SpamCan61 {P}
I've read of many people with problematic 2.0 diesels in the astra/vectra/zafira/Omega; but not the 2.2. Either the engine design is significantly different; or nobody buys them. I know a couple of people with the 2.2 diesel in Vectras (old shape; and they've not had much hassle
I wouldn't whole heartedly recommend one. Mine has been back to the dealer for warranty repairs six times in as many months. Although this is probably more to do with the incompetence of my vauxhall dealer. They represent good value and I enjoy it when it's going well. I commute 100 miles a day an it's perfect for my journey. The diesel engine is a real pleasure when it's not misfiring. MPG a bit disappointing at 37.
Omega 2.2 Diesel Misfire - prm
GP, try checking your MAF sensor, a common problem on these engines they only last about 40,000 miles, or it maybe an air leak on one of the vacuum pipes.
Thanks - can you expand a bit on what a MAF sensor is and where I'd find it.
Omega 2.2 Diesel Misfire - prm
MAF=Mass Air Flow, its in the pipe between the air filter and inlet manifold, be warned they are not cheap.
Omega 2.2 Diesel Misfire - MikeF
I had a similar problem on my SAAB 93 TiD (same engine). It got progressively worse and the engine management light flickered or came on. Eventually it was traced to a fractured vacuum line from the turbo but it took months for the dealer to find it. It was only traceable as it got worse. I reckon it had the fault from new.
Seeing as we're not exactly brimming over with ideas here; probably worth asking over on the 'omega_owners' group on Yahoo. Plenty of Omega expertise over there.
Thanks for that, can you point me in the direction of the yahoo Omega_owners group please, couldn't find it with a quick look.

Engine warning light came on this morning so it will be a trip back to the dealer again (4th time for this one). The fault code is usually to do with the clutch and they adjust/replace a switch. I'm convinced that the misfire and warning light are connected, but they don't think so. The misfire is always bad a few days before the warning light comes on. Been seriously looking at something Janpanese after 6 months Vauxhaul owenership. Even my alfa was on the road more than this!
Try autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/omega_owners/ ...although Yahoo groups seem to be down quite often these days :-/