Do you want the Road Tax system to change? Do you have thoughts on the potential changes to the Road Tax system? | No thanks
Audi 80 switchable ABS? - Peter Morrison
Recently bought a very nice 1994 80 sport SE 2.0. No handbook available. Can anyone tell me where the switch for the ABS resides? Many thanks,

Peter.
Re: Audi 80 switchable ABS? - Richard Hall
Assuming Audi didn't change the interior layout between 1991 and 1994...... there should be a row of four push switches above the stereo. One of these will be marked ABS. If you don't have the switch, perhaps your car doesn't have ABS. Take a look under the bonnet - on the passenger side of the engine bay, there should be a big metal block sprouting brake pipes in all directions. This is the ABS unit.
Re: Audi 80 switchable ABS? - Peter Morrison
Thanks Richard,

The car definitely has abs, but no switch above the stereo. Probably safe to assume that this vehicle does not have switchable abs. I thought all 80's had, my mistake.

Regards,

Peter.
Re: Audi 80 switchable ABS? - Stu
My 80 has ABS but it's permanent, no 'off' button option.
Re: Audi 80 switchable ABS? - Mark (Brazil)
Peter Morrison wrote:
>
> Recently bought a very nice 1994 80 sport SE 2.0. No handbook
> available.

If you're interested.....

www.bentleypublishers.com/browse.htm?title=a
Re: Audi 80 switchable ABS? - Martin
Peter,

Our Audi 90 20V - 1990 had a ABS on/off switch.
Our Audi 80 16V - 1994 has ABS but no on/off switch.

For some reason, Audi deleted the switch at model changeover.

Martin.
Re: Audi 80 switchable ABS? - Colin M
It is an easy job to wire a switch in series with the ABS fuse and make the system switchable again.

I went on the Audi quattro day at JP's Bedford track last year and the Audi lot had rewired the fleet of A4 1.8TQ's for exactly that.

Colin

Ask Honest John Right column

Value my car