volvo 440 2.0 si stuttering - sp30
help!!!!!!! my volvo 440 2.0 si (m plate) runs lovley and is very fast but has an intermittent stutter that cuts engine performance by at least 40% , there is no reason to it, one min its fine the next it judders and underperforms. the strange thing is if you nearly red line every gear it doesnt seem to happen, but due to 9 speeders on my licence already i cant drive like that!!!! any help?
volvo 440 2.0 si stuttering - DL
Definately sounds like an HT (Spark Plug & wiring etc) problem to me.

Basic checks on spark plug, HT leads etc condition is a good starting point.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
volvo 440 2.0 si stuttering - sp30
have checked all ht leads and plugs in fact there all quite new! no metel shrouds and no bad earths!! it is an intermittent fault that only happens when cruising
volvo 440 2.0 si s s s stutter - sp30
my volvo is stuttering and shuddering, its been in a garage where i donated 250 notes to the garage holiday fund and the stutter remains!" hhhheeeeeelllllllllppppppppp
volvo 440 2.0 si s s s stutter - David G.I.Davies
Suggest you check the vacuum line running from the inlet manifold to the MAP sensor located on right hand bulkhead.If you examine this pipe (having first carefully removed it) you will find that it contains a very fine brass restrictor jet.This often needs a good clean out and if it is slightly blocked could cause your driveability symptoms.
volvo 440 (relays) - sp30
is my volvo shuddering because i have a bad relay?

{If it\'s the same question, then keep in the same thread. Don\'t keep on starting new threads. This time I\'ve moved it, next time I delete. DD}
volvo 440 (relays) - Dynamic Dave
{If it\'s the same question, then keep in the same thread.
Don\'t keep on starting new threads. This time I\'ve moved it,
next time I delete. DD}

sp30, please note.

DD.