Volvo740 TD Estate Hydraulics - Vovlo nut
Recently I have had to replace the clutch slave cylinder on the above car. Unfortunately a roadside repair man filled it incorrectly with that horrible bright green mineral based fluid (LMB) that should only be used in those wierd citroens. It has wreeked havoc in my 740. Inadvertantly this fluid has also been added to the brake master cylinder of our 340, also with disasterous results.

Master and slave cylindrs on both cars have been changed but we are having tremendous problems, particularly with bleeding.

Has anyone had this happen, and does anyone know what to do?
Volvo740 TD Estate Hydraulics - RichardW
Oh dear....

Have heard of this happening the other way around - the different oil causes the seals to swell up and stop working. The only solution AFAIK is to COMPLETELY strip the affected systems, and fit all new seals, and I guess flush all the pipework out to make sure none of the 'wrong' fluid remains. I would think that if a roadside repair was the start you have a good case against the recovery firm....

Oh, and it's LHM by the way, and it's all you folks that rely on those nasty spring things that are weird :-)))

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Volvo740 TD Estate Hydraulics - Vovlo nut
Thank you RichardW for your help. We have already come to that conclusion ourselves now. Also we think we need to force air through the systems to remove blockages and give them a thorough flushing with DOT4 brake fluid as well. The green slime may have thoroughly killed of our 340 as we have had to buy a banger to get us arounnd, but I can't afford terminal illness by poisoning in the 740.