Prices at Auctions - pw1008
Are there any websites that publish prices that cars sell for at auctions that can be used as a reference? I have seen the ww.smag.co.uk do but it is mainly scottish auction sites.

Does anyone know of similar which can be accessed without payment or being Trade?

Cheers
Prices at Auctions - stokie
I don't, but the www.smag.co.uk prices look in line with the prices I noted last week at BCA Preston and Belle Vue, which in turn were pretty close to 'trade' in Parkers Guide.
Prices at Auctions - v0n
It's a paid service and doesn't really provide prices...
Prices at Auctions - Quinny100
Auctionview only provides guide prices to customers with a BCA account. Subscribers don't get price info, only listings.
Prices at Auctions - Ben {P}
I cant see how auction prices on their own will be that much use. Condition can make a huge difference. Unless each price had a detailed description you would have nothing better to make a comparision upon than a Glass's or parkers newstand guide. To find out what cars sell for you need to visit an auciton. HJ, in his auction reports, offers opinions on market trends, and mentions prices he thinks are note worthy, Ie the price given the condition and market as he percieves it. A list of cars and prices will tell you none of this. I cant find another resource like that. Read the reports, and sit through an auction and get "the feel" for prices. As cars become more expensive extras become a lot more important with regard to price. This information has to be factored into the price calculation as well. Given the time a car is in the ring, its not easy , and calls for quick cool thinking on the floor. The guides are only there for reassurance.

I might pop to the auction next week, i'll post a little list of prices and commentary if i get time.

Which car are you interested in?