Buses and Coffee Cups - hillman
I observed a superb demonstration of one hand bus driving last Saturday in the centre of Macclesfield. The bus had just turned onto the main shopping street, following another bus. Everything about the centre of Macclesfield is narrow and steep. The driver was stopped by the first bus, so he turned out and passed it to get into his stop and pick up passengers. All this was done with a coffee cup in one hand. He put down the cup whilst taking the fares, and then picked it up to drive away, taking several ?swigs? the while. It was a masterly performance.
Buses and Coffee Cups - J Bonington Jagworth
Years of practice, no doubt. Did he have a handle on the steering wheel?
Buses and Coffee Cups - matt35 {P}
hillman,

Driving anything, with a cup of coffee, might be masterly...but makes me think of something which also starts with 'master', is also done with one hand, and is normally spelled with a large 'W'...especially when carrying passengers?

Matt35
Buses and Coffee Cups - matt35 {P}
Slight correction - should be 'mastur' - a bit like the numptie who checked me into a Motel on the A1 last year...
" Room 35 Sir, Do you have a good memory for faces?"
" Not bad - why do you ask"
" Your bathroom mirror is broken!

Matt35.
Buses and Coffee Cups - AdrianM
"He put down the cup whilst taking the fares,"
...it would have been rude not to, and difficult to exchange fare for ticket and change with just one hand.

"and then picked it up to drive away"
...good, safety conscious, wouldn't do to have hot coffee sloshing about the place. Have bus manufacturers not heard of cup holders?! Perhaps there's a gap in the market?
Buses and Coffee Cups - Wales Forester
I hope he didn't drop his mobile phone from its wedged position between his ear and shoulder whilst he fared up, and I bet his bacon butty was going cold too! ;-)

Some bus drivers do let the side down, shame on them.

PP