micheldever tyres - andy n
hi all, i know the great leader recomends this company highly for competive deals, has anyone used them for alignment problems? i have heard there very good in this area also,can anyone confirm this, as i have a long term alignment problem i need to sort out, as im in the winchester area next week i was thinking of calling in and getting my front tyres replaced and the alignment hopefully sorted, thanks.
mitcheldever tyres - RickyBoy
Micheldever (no 't') are absolutely 1st class in my experience. In the past 5 years I've used them three times for two vehicles. Tyres usually equate to '4 for the price of 3' when compared to local (MK) suppliers but it was the fact that they were repeatedly HJ recommended that sent me down there in the first instance!

Very slick operation all round and worth the 160-mile round trip/day out every time in my humble opinion.

mitcheldever tyres - MichaelR
I called them today expecting a great deal on a set of Dunlop SP Sport 9000's but they quoted £100 each - not really any different to my local suppliers back in Plymouth, and about £15 a corner more expensive than buying online from Mytyres.net.

I was suprised, everyone raves about them as if they are some sort of super-price tyre supplier.
mitcheldever tyres - SpamCan61 {P}
When I lived in basingstoke they were local(ish) so I used them regularly, always V. competitive on price but be prepared for a 2 to 3 hour wait if you turn up on a Saturday morning.

Now I'm not so local (chrustchurch) I still phone them for a price; but can often get within a few quid locally; without spending a whole Saturday morning buying a tyre.
mitcheldever tyres - Roger Jones
I've used them four times in the past three years. They have always been cheapest, by some margin on local Kwik-Fit in particular. I've used their alignment service every time; my regular mechanic is impressed by the results and the detailed reports. If you don't want to queue, turn up at opening time on weekdays. Having spread the word about them among my pub friends, I'm now not the only one who finds it worthwhile to make the round trip from Herts.
mitcheldever tyres - Audikid
Used them once a couple of years back for 2 tyres and wheel alignment on a 2000 model A6. They were cheap but had a 4 hour wait on a Thursday morning. They recommended I had the tracking done at the same time but did not do a good job (I know the A4/A6 tracking is "difficult"). Drove off down the road and had to return twice - wheel off centre and car pulling to right on both occasions. 6.5 hours after arrival drive home with new tyres fitted and tracking right - wheel was still slightly off centre.
mitcheldever tyres - Ian D
I have had 4 wheel alignment done once with no problems and have used them for tyres several times, last time however (just before Christmas) my local Bathwick tyres got within a couple of pounds for some Goodyear tyres for an Impreza so I paid the extra at Bathwick to avoid the wait.

Once, to avoid the queue at Micheldever tyres I took all four wheels off my car and drove them in my other estate car and job done in 20 minutes!

If you ring Micheldever and Kwik-Fit for prices then Micheldever will always be lots cheaper, but smaller independents can get very close to Micheldever prices in my recent experience.
mitcheldever tyres - No Do$h
Spamcan, you may want to consider Protyre in Poole (Cabot Lane) as they are owned by Micheldever and use the same alignment kit. Let me know if you are likely to be over that way as I live about 5 minutes walk from there and can always put the kettle on.

Recently had the alignment done on my Alfa by Protyre and it has transformed the (already good) handling.

There are depots from Plymouth and Bristol in the west to Enfield in the East. www.protyre.co.uk for more details.
mitcheldever tyres - SpamCan61 {P}
Thanks for the tip NoD; thankfully the 2 litre Omega I use for commuting now doesn't eat tyres like wifey's school run V6, but with 38K miles per year no doubt I'll be round your way soon...
mitcheldever tyres - Ben {P}
Bought a few lots of tyres from them. I have got good advice over the phone. They know their products. Tyres always delivered on time the next day. No problems. Reccommend them to friends. Some on-line places can be a bit cheaper, but you have to wait.