Vauxhall Omega blowing cold air only ! - steveb83
Hi,

I have a M reg Omega CDX that has a problem with the heater not working ! It blows cold air fine but just no heat. I read a topic with a similar problem regarding a vauxhall carlton, but i dont think these have the automatic heater controls (which I suspect it may be in this case as it just stopped working over night)

what things could be causing this?

Cheers
Vauxhall Omega blowing cold air only ! - Sooty Tailpipes
I seem to recall a similar question on...
autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/omega_owners/
The forum search there is rubbish, but you could ask again if you can\'t find it. State which model you have (engine) and what your heater controls are like so people know what version you have.
Good luck.
Vauxhall Omega blowing cold air only ! - Hawesy1982
I wouldn't want to worry you unnecessarily, but loss of heat is often the first sign of head gasket trouble, if there is not an obvious other cause it may be worth doing some hg tests.

Have you checked that the heater casing hasn't cracked, allowing cold outside air straight into the car without passing over the matrix?

And that the pipes to and from the heater are warm?
Vauxhall Omega blowing cold air only ! - scotty
I had a problem with my Omega's climate control. Once the car got up to temperature the system just started blowing cold air into the cabin. Turned out to be the climate control ECU. Luckily I had a dealers warranty which paid for the fix - I say luckily because I understand the part was over £400.

If that sounds like you're problem perhaps you should get the fault codes checked out.

.... or could it just be the heater matrix?

hope it's not the head gasket, though.

good luck
Vauxhall Omega blowing cold air only ! - Dave N
If it's the unit that has seperate left and right temp controls, and both sides are cold, then it usually needs a new climate panel. You need to get the codes read by someone with a VX reader, usually a main dealer. If it is the panel, then you'll need to buy it from them anyway, so you may as well go there first.
Vauxhall Omega blowing cold air only ! - Daz
I too have a similar problem on a 96 without climate control.

Also I am losing water and the temp is running quite high around the 100 mark when engine goes on a decent run.

When I had the cambelt serviced I asked him to check the leak and he said he could see no visible signs.

Help!!

Vauxhall Omega blowing cold air only ! - gingerwinger
i have same prob on a 2.5 v6 1994. no lose of water but i have been told that it may be the heater matrix. big money vauxhall dealer £975+ vat