Goodyear GT2 tyres - Crinkly Dave
For several years I have used Michelin "Energy" tyres on my 405 and Punto. They closed the only remaining UK factory, so I decided to swop my allegiance at the next tyre change.
About a month ago the local garage did a good deal on Goodyear, so I had a couple of GT2s fitted to the front of the 405.
The car immediately felt very "twitchy" (the steering got lighter and it felt as if you were driving in a crosswind), as if the tyres had been inflated too high or the tracking was out. I have had both checked as correct. I am aware that new tyres will make the steering feel lighter usually, but not "twitchy"
Could be the rear, I know, but the problems came on immediately after the tyres were changed.
Has anyone a similar experience with these tyres

Oh yes. I bought Goodyear on the assumption if not UK-made, then at least in Europe. They have reduced the UK factory last week, and when I checked the GT2s were made in Turkey
Goodyear GT2 tyres - Sooty Tailpipes
The GT2 is quite an old tyre design now, but it used to be considered one of the best T-rated tyres about 5-6 years ago.

It's also the tyre that allowed the Merc A-class to roll over too easily when first launched, until they altered the suspension and used a less grippy tyre.

Some tyres are bound to suit some cars less than others, and unfortunately, it seems the only way to find out is to buy them.

As for the country of manufacture, I have had most made in Germany, and one (of the same model) made in Indonesia, it turned out the Indonedian one was a grey import from the US.