ABS Controller Golf VR6 - Marco Polo
I have had a problem with my ABS light coming on for quite some time. I have had the sensors checked and cleaned but the problem remained. I eventually took it to my local VW dealer who diagnosed a hydraulic pump fault.
After having all the relays checked they have said that the controller is faulty only trouble is the part is £442.96 + VAT !!
Is it worth taking it down to a auto electrical place to try and remedy the fault? The fault seems to be the same as listed below which I have pasted onto this page and the solution but VW reckon new controller is the answer.

CAUSE: When the ABS cable loom is damp and the vehicle is operating at high engine speed leakage current
of the ignition coil gets into the suppressor of the pump sensor cable.
SOLUTION: Change the routing of the pump sensor cable. Route the ABS pump sensor cable and engine
speed sensor cable away from the ignition transformer to the arch by unwrapping the engine speed sensor
cable and pump sensor cable to the arch. Wrapping up the pump sensor cable without engine speed sensor.Rerouting the engine speed sensor cable on the bulkhead. Routing the pump sensor cable and fastening it with
existing cable binder to suspension strut housing.
ABS Controller Golf VR6 - mgk luton beds
ring clive at vwaudi parts and just get 2 nd hand one top bloke
ABS Controller Golf VR6 - DougB
Marco -
I had a similar problem with a Corrado. VW insisted it needed a new controller but expected me to order it personally from the parts dept. and pay for it before fitting. This did not fill me with confidence so I backed off.

Had the car checked by a local indy who had the relevent software. Turned out it was the pedal sender. Bought one from VW, the indy fitted it and problem solved!

I don't envy you this problem - good luck with it!
Regards DougB

DougB checked with my local indy guy and he explained that pedal diagnoses would have showed up on the readout. Had this prob for a year now but it is slowly getting worse with the ABS light coming on.He recommended that I try for the controller. thanks for your input anyway. Marco
Thanks mgk. Gave them a ring this morning and they have got 1 in stock at 1/4 of dealers rrp. Quick efficient and knowledgeable. A good recommendation. Marco