BMW/Porsche ugly sisters success!! - Dalglish
financial results published by BMW and Porsche in the last 7 days show new BMW-5-series and Porsche-Cayenne ugly designs are proving a big hit!

quote from BMW results dated 27 January 2004:
All brands achieve new record sales volume levels
The BMW Group again achieved new sales volume highs for all brands. As a result of product life-cycles factors, growth picked up sharply in the second half of 2003. This was attributable mainly to the launch of the new BMW 5 Series Limousine, which became available in July 2003. By the year-end, 70,522 units of this model had been sold. In total, 928,151 BMW cars were sold during the past year, 1.6% more than in the previous year (2002: 913,225 units).

quote from Porsche results dated 23 Janaury 2004
Profit after tax will be 118.0 million Euro and will thus exceed the previous year's figure (102.0 million Euro) by 15.7 percent. These details were released by Porsche's President and Chief Executive Officer Dr. Wendelin Wiedeking at the company's Annual General Meeting held in Leipzig today.
Group turnover up by 27.8 percent compared with the first half of the previous fiscal year (2.21 billion Euro), to approximately 2.82 billion Euro. Sales are up by 31.1 percent to a total of 32.410 vehicles, comprising 10,250 Type 911 cars (down by 25.9 percent), 5,250 Boxsters (down by 44.2 percent) and 16,890 Cayennes (compared with 1,484 in the same period of the previous fiscal year). Total production is scheduled to reach 36,510 vehicles (an increase of 31.7 percent), including 18,950 Cayennes.
For the complete 2003/2004 fiscal year the company expects Group sales to reach approximately 75,000 vehicles (previous year: 66,803) and for there to be further growth in turnover and earnings.

BMW/Porsche ugly sisters success!! - Blue {P}
Well done to 'em, I think the 5 series is one of the best and most cutting edge designs on the market, if only I could afford one! :-)

Blue
BMW/Porsche ugly sisters success!! - T Lucas
I like the new 5 series styling,not too sure about the Porsche though.At least they are both very different than the usual samey Euro hatch shed.
BMW/Porsche ugly sisters success!! - peterb
"911 cars (down by 25.9 percent), 5,250 Boxsters (down by 44.2 percent)"

Ouch!
BMW/Porsche ugly sisters success!! - madf
Just goes to prove that people with more money have less sense:-)

madf

BMW/Porsche ugly sisters success!! - Pugugly {P}
less sense.

The best handling/riding car accross many classes, distinctive design, reasonable build quality, best motors accross many classes, class leading diesels ( 530d = T5 performance with MINI economy) yes yes yes no sense at all ;-0
BMW/Porsche ugly sisters success!! - Blue {P}
I still really can't understand why anyone could think the 5 series is anything less than beautiful...

Blue
BMW/Porsche ugly sisters success!! - Pugugly {P}
OOh and I forgot really good residules (although not sure on the new one), their own lane on Motorways etc etc.....;-)