Squeaky Focus - Snakey
Having replaced the fanbelt due to a squeaking when started from cold (see previous thread on Focus Diesel Cambelts), I was annoyed to find the squeak still existed, even if slightly less.

However a reliable mechanic has checked/cleaned all the pulleys and tensioners etc and gave them a clean bill of health, but also told me that this was a known problem with Fords and the air conditioning pump may need re-aligning.

Has anyone else heard of this, or know what it involved? Frankly I don't think much of this car if every fanblet change requires all the associated equipment to be 'tuned'!!

Its an '02 Focus 1.8TDi by the way
Squeaky Focus - AR-CoolC
Funny you shoud mention this, I have a 53 plate (04) 1.6 Focus, on these damp mornings I get the slightest squeak on start up, I'm talking less than half a second type of slight squeak. I pretty much just ignore it assuming it is just damp on the belts, but is it something I should be mentioning on the first service??

(Glass-Tech)
Squeaky Focus - Snakey
From what I've heard, it is a known issue so it might well be worth mentioning.

I'd imagine your Focus and mine probably have very similar design and length of fanbelt withn aircon and so on.

The squeak from mine tends to only last 20-30 seconds and does sound like the classic 'slipping belt' noise, only quieter