Omega Heating - gingerwinger
Hi all,

this is my first post so here go\'s... i have a 1994 v6 Omega (auto) I have very little heat coming into the car. I have changed the heater exchange valve (at back of engine) the car\'s temperature is running around 87-92.
Omega Heating - elekie&a/c doctor
Do you have manual heating system or climate control?Little heat could be a blocked cabin filter preventing adequate air flow.situated below plastic panel ,rear of engine bay by l/h wiper.
its manual heating. i thought that filter was the pollen filter ??? you do mean the filter on the n/s below the windscreen/wiper
Omega Heating - Sooty Tailpipes
That will have the rotary control knob system?
These are controlled by induction vacuum off the brake servo, I think, maybe this has a leak or is disconnected, and the flap is stuck?

Do the hoses going into the firewall get hot?
the hoses get very hot... i have a vacum running to the top of the exchange valve.
Omega Heating - elekie&a/c doctor
POllen /cabin filter -same thing! Vacuum only controls distribution up/down face level .temp is controlled by cable mechanical flaps ,which rarely give trouble.I suspect you have a partially blocked heater matrix-not enough water flow.To replace this is a job from hell!! so I would suggest a flushing product which could help matters.(added to coolant)
Omega Heating - mgk luton beds
knowing v6 omegas as i do suspect head gasket. where you getting temp reading from, dash?? if so not a good reading look for stains running round gear box bell housing (oil cooler leak or themostat housing
is car using water?
heater is useless due to air in system
when car is hot does the temp from heater go up when car is reved for 10 /15 secs??
ex vaux mech
knowing v6 omegas as i do suspect head gasket. where you
getting temp reading from, dash??

getting reading from temp gauge. car not losing any water nor can i see any stains. rev car @ 3000rpm for 20 seconds & and heat is lots better.. if air in system how do i bleed it ???
Omega Heating - mgk luton beds
sound like i say head probs
the best way to bleed is to let car tick over till fan cuts in and slowly/carefully remove header tank cap water will start to come out then go down as the fan cools things down and the trick is to not let the header tank empty keep topping it up put cap on when fan stops then wait till in cuts in then repeat
but if heater rtn to no heat then air is getting in somewhere and the only suppy is from ? head/head gasket
at 3000 rpm water pump is pushing water in past air
if car has air con/climate control sw off otherwise fan cuts in all the time and car wont get hot
keep an eye on water pipes
pipes that are hard to squeeze when hot have air in them and if you squeeze them and rev engine and feel the press build up then expect head probs
ps make sure fan sw works or car will get v/hot
Omega Heating - saj
Hi there,

Just like you my first problem was my omega blowing luke warm air into the car. Did you find out the problem. I have checked the matrix and it seems fine?
i never found out the problem changed the stat, valve, flushed out, loads of things but never got any warmer. so now the cold is coming again i have taken of the road and got another omega with warm air.........
Omega Heating - saj
Thanks for replying!

I cannot afford to take it off the road unfortunately, but am thinking of getting an electric car heater!

I am suspecting the heater matrix...but looking at the location it is not worth the effort to take the whole dash apart!

P.S. if you are still drining the Omega, watch out for the timing belt tensioners on the V6 models, as I was unfortunate enough to find out the hard way (£700 in parts and 1 week under the bonnet) that the tensioners CAN have a shorter life span then the belt its self.

Once again thanks!