Golf GTD - pricing work needed - Rob the Bus {P}
Hello again folks

My 1989 Golf 1.6 GTD is comimg up for it's MoT and will need a rear wheel bearing and possibly rear shocks. Obviously, prices vary from garage to garage but I'd appreciate a ball park figure for how much this work may cost.

I'm in Orpington if that helps with the pricing.

Thanks in anticipation

Rob

PS - In case you're wondering, I'm reluctant to contact a local garage without having a vague idea of how much it should cost. If that makes sense!
Golf GTD - pricing work needed - Civic8
I`m in orpington as well.What a surprise eh.Are you going to do it your self.or get a garage to do it?.If do it yourself can get you a price E`mail me at stephen.olney4@btinternet.com Ps assuming you are in orpington kent.I doubt whether there is another one but you never know?
Golf GTD - pricing work needed - StuW
When i had a rear wheel bearing change on my (which is cheaper than the front i assume as less work involved??) i'm sure it came to around or less than £40, not sure how much how much shocks would be i doubt they would come to that much, why not phone a fast fit place to see what they charge for shocks?
Golf GTD - pricing work needed - Ben {P}
Rear shocks on a mk.2 are quite easy- 30 mins if you know what you are doing. I have some 16v dampes if you want them, they have done 70k miles. I think they are still in good condition. Got a set of 16v springs if you want them to (two sets in fact one jetta 16v set and a golf 16v set). www.europarts.co.uk will have the bits you need. Dampers will be about £20 each + VAT , and the bearings about £10 each plus VAT.

If the dampers are knackered at the back, best to buy some new mount bushes that go on the top of the damper.
Golf GTD - pricing work needed - Rob the Bus {P}
Thanks, all, for your help.

Sadly Ben, I don't know what I'm doing! Basic servicing is just about my limit. Many thanks for the offer of the bits. I'm a little worried that putting 16v dampers on may be classed as a 'modification' by my insurance company though.

mech1 - well, well, well. Another BackRoomer in sunny Orpington, eh? I'll mail you later on, as you may still be able assist!

Thanks again

Rob