Idling Pug 106 - kev the rev
the experts ( peugeot main agents ) can\'t solve it, so its over to you the real experts !!!!

Peugeot 106 XN 1.1 petrol 50k one owner, has just developed a problem. Car starts fine but has intermitent idling problem. ie. at roundabouts or traffic lights engine occasionally cuts out, but never happens for the garage. Part replaced is the Monojet Idle Control Unit ( code cleared ) but has not solved the cut out. Garage has had the car 3 times but failed to resolve.

I wait for the real answer from you good chaps ...........
Idling Pug 106 - Peter D
Firstly when the car stalls, does just instantly die or does it chug to a halt? I would remove all the plug leads one at a time if you feel more comfortable with that and measure the resistance of each lead. No 1, nearest to the gearbox will only be 1 to 1.5 K ohms and Number 4 will be 2.5 to 3 K ohms, 2 and 4 will fall in between.

Only remove these leads by pulling on the rubber bung not on the lead. If one or more are up in the 10 to 30 K ohms, common problem at 60 to 80 K miles then this could be your problem. If no 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 are faulty then this can stall the car after overruns down to tick over. Next is the Fly wheel rpm sensor, this is susceptible to low output at low rpm and could just be loosing the plot, this usually shows up with starting problems though, and if the sensor misses beats when running it should register an ECU error message. I am assuming that the garage have checked for vacuum leaks, fuel pump pressure, and run an injector cleaner through the system. Hope that helps. Regards Peter
Idling Pug 106 - Peter D
Argh, Does it restart straight away and does it run smoothly then until the next stall. If it does not then measure the voltage on fuse F9 whilst cranking to ensure you have power to the Fuel Pump and the ignition immobiliser has not kicked in. Regards Peter
Idling Pug 106 - mfarrow
Hi

Are you sure your foot isn't on the peddle when it stalls? I say this because my mum's 106 has a stalling problem. Just as you tap the accelerator it cuts out. Usually does it when hot and has been standing then restarted. it's OK if you floor it, but i don't fancy doing this every time to pull away :o)

Haven't found a cure though, sorry :-(
Idling Pug 106 - Peter D
Yours sound like a vacuum leak, listen around all the manifold with a peice of plastic tube with one end held to you ear. Peter