Speed trap detectors - Steve Tulloch
Anybody got any useful info on the best priced with good performance speed trap detector I have read that there is a new frequency being used on mini gatsos (KU -band) do the detectors pick this up
Re: Speed trap detectors - Mark (Brazil)
this should help..

www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/frames.htm
Re: Speed trap detectors - DanJ_uk
Try this excellent site too: www.speed-trap.co.uk/ which has the answers to all questions re UK speed trap detectors - hope that helps!

Dan
Re: Speed trap detectors - Andrew Bairsto
The problem is that all detectors have a nasty habit of picking up stray signals such as mobile phone stations.Having tested all types (not makes) for an evalution company they gave so many false alarms and did not pick up the latest variable random frequency handhelds until it was to late.One other point is that they are to be banned across europe very shortly ,I do not no how this effects the UK. Buy one but do not totally rely on it your only allowed 9 points in the UK ,22 in Germany and only one point for speeding if not excesive
Re: Speed trap detectors - Jon
Its 12 points before you have to go to court and maybe face a ban.
Re: Speed trap detectors - Andrew Bairsto
thats what I meant 9 points and the next time its a bus pass
Re: Speed trap detectors - Jon
aha
Re: Speed trap detectors - Pete
The Government is busy at the moment but they have it in mind to ban radar detectors, when they can find time in parliament, ie when they have finished banning guns, hunting, drinking in public, having fun etc! In the meantime there is a device (details on the web link quoted above) which is a GPS with a database of known UK GATSO sites. You can update the database down the phone whenever you want to, without a home computer and if you find a site they don't know about they give you £50 for the details. About £350 I think and good initial reviews and comments.
Re: Speed trap detectors - Steve Tulloch
Thanks for the info
On 12 no bus pass yet
i am on 12 points
too late to worry about 9 points i have 12 already not banned yet but one lapse of concentration and I am gone
Thanks for the info