central locking problems on a pug 306 - tomandjerry56
i seem to have a problem with my central locking on the rear off side door it use to unlock and lock but since the cold weather has come it does not seem to work i was wondering if anyone has got any sugestions which would be helpful i would be pleased
central locking problems on a pug 306 - DL
Lubricate the lock catch itself, if that fails then remove the inner door trim and lubricate the linkages. That *should* do the trick.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw?Page=1 - Pictures say a thousand words.....
central locking problems on a pug 306 - Andrew-T
.. or the motor may have stuck/failed (not too bad, free it or get another at a breaker's), or the wiring may have failed (not so funny).
If its cold weather related, it may well be catch/linkage rather than electrical, in my mind....
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw?Page=1 - Pictures say a thousand words.....
central locking problems on a pug 306 - Civic8
Sound`s like the central locking solenoid has failed probably a coincidence but it doe`s happen.could also be switch need a multimeter or 12volt bulb to check if current getting to the solenoid if so ie 12/13/volt`s or so the solenoid has gone.
central locking problems on a pug 306 - Dynamic Dave
Or even a broken wire(s) between the B pillar and the door. Try postioning the door in different opening postions and see if the central locking works at all.
I should have mentioned that I have not long sorted out one that had this prob the cable`s are so tight in between the B pillar and door that the cables split/broke.Had to extend cable`s hope that help`s.Ps the same applie`s on the A pillar to fron`t door`s.A prob occured with electric window caused by same thing.And I could not sort it by repositioning the door cable`s are stretched too far.Sorry about that it only sprung to mind when DD mentioned it
mech - your right little finger must be resting on the apostrophe key again! You've put one in the word "fron't" - what's that for?
I have mentioned my english problem`s before I do wonder if you complain to any others about their spelling,As I have noticed a few myself.Some post`s.It has only been a problem for me as I have a dissorder of the blood.Causing me to not remember.No offence meant but there are people out there that have problem`s that they do not want to admitt.My problem I have now told all but appologise if any offence caused I thought and have reread my post I found it easy enough to follow.As my problem only occurs occasionally I did not think worth mentioning and if any offence to anyone and email`s tell me so I will give up sending my opinion`s and trying to help out.I can`t say fairer than that.I do enjoy this site as said before but I am getting annoyed with the digs ie english not too clever.I do know
mech - I'm sure no-one in the BR is the least offended by your apostrophes. DD (or NoDosh) and I are just trying to help a bit. The easiest thing for you is to forget them - lots of others do. But if you stick them in too often they start to look obvious! :o)
I had thought the same myself, but had refrained from posting!

Mech - Don't worry, keep posting...we don't mind`
--