MOT query - smokie
Daughter's car (Fiesta) failed it's MOT on Saturday at a national chain.

It failed on "offside front lower arm rear bush worn to excess" and the corresponding tyre being very bald on the inner edge only. Tester said that the wear on the bush may have caused the wear to the tyre.

Q1. Is this likely? Or should I be looking further (tracking?). They fitted the arm for £84 and re-tested but didn't track it. (They charge £17 to track, which seemed a lot to my daughter and me).

Q2. I wasn't charged for the retest. Same station, same day. I presume if I'd taken it away to get retested somewhere else (having taken corrective actions) I'd have been charged retest fee?

Additional info: the testing station were prepared to swap just one tyre on the front, despite the other being quite low. £38 for a "budget" tyre. So I took it to nearby CostCo and had two replaced for £34, and that included balancing, and putting new tyres on rear and rears onto front!
MOT query - Cliff Pope
I think it is always a good idea to check the tracking periodically, especially after doing any work to the front suspension. I'd look on it as £17 well spent safeguarding your investment in new tyres.
MOT query - martint123
Q2. I wasn't charged for the retest. Same station, same day. I presume if I'd taken it away to get retested somewhere else (having taken corrective actions) I'd have been charged retest fee?

You'd have been charged a full test fee and been given a full test.