Danger unseen but predictable - volvoman
Just been out to take my son to school and virtually immediately we both almost fell £$%* over *%$. The roads around here certainly are incredibly icy right now but there's no sign of gritting or, sadly, much anticipation of the potential danger by some drivers who continue to drive too fast and too close for comfort. I wish these people would just use their common sense, make allowance for the conditions and take just a little bit more care, if not for themselves for all the other road users who are being sensible by slowing down and keeping their distance. The heavy frost is visible in many places and black ice is likely to be a problem especially at junctions, side roads etc. so there really is no excuse for anyone to be taking unnecessary risks.
Danger unseen but predictable - Dipstick
Wouldn't it be funky if the ice detector many cars have did more than illuminate a red bulb in the dash. Perhaps by dropping an autobox into "snow" mode, or limiting the revs, or shock horror, the vehicle speed.
Danger unseen but predictable - volvoman
Don't know if that would work but certianly anyone seeing that red warning light ought to act accordingly rather than ignore it. I can't help thinking it's partially a problem of psychology for some. They get out of bed, stumble outside cursing all the snow and ice, clear a tiny section of windscreen and then charge off as if the danger around them has suddenly disapeared. It's as if the moment they get into their cars they forget about all the dangerous ice they've just negotiated and feel totally safe. Sadly I fear there's no gizmo in the world that'll force these people to exercise any caution.
Danger unseen but predictable - Dipstick
Is a stun gun a gizmo?
Danger unseen but predictable - No Do$h
I think that, technicall speaking ;) it is more of an offensive weapon, but I like your style.