Thirsty A6 - Rob C
My R-plate A6 1.8T (petrol) seems to be guzzling the gas these days.
An 80 mile round trip to work and back home uses a quarter of a tank, and based on a 60-litre refill equates roughly to 22-24 mpg.

Could the cold weather be boosting the petrol use?
Thirsty A6 - Smartdealer
blimey, I only get 22 mpg on my A6 auto (2.6) which I thought was a bit low! I guess the cold weather does effect mpg a little but I'm not sure what the exact mpg you should be getting.
Thirsty A6 - Cardew
Rob,
I get low 30's mpg in a Golf with the same engine, regardless of weather, and a friend with a Passat estate 1.8t gets similar mpg to myself.

C

Thirsty A6 - mal
It might not be that bad Rob, as it has been pointed out many a time on this forum, the only way to work out fuel consumption accurately is to fill the tank, run it for a few hundred miles fill it again and then get the calculator out.
You will be surprised how inacurate your petrol guage is.

Mal.
Thirsty A6 - Wilco {P}
Doesn't the cold weather actually make a turbocharged engine slightly more efficient? Denser air and all that?
Thirsty A6 - Nsar
A6 V6 auto estate - nearly 8yrs old, 107K and I get 23mpg on my commute which is 14 miles, half bumper to bumper, a quarter Mway and quarter free flowing urban. I've got a pretty heavy right foot as well.
Thirsty A6 - Rob C
Seems normal then, I just hadn't noticed it before then.

What with the Supra doing around 20mpg and the Landy at 16mpg, let's just say I'm not the Earth's greatest friend.