High mileage corsa - himji
I\'m thinking of buying a B class corsa (1997 P) it\'s one of the 16 valve models is 7 years old with one owner so I\'m assuming e\'s done a fair bit of motorway driving with it. The mileage is at 110k. Any thought onto how much life the vehicle has left? It\'ll be used as a school run/shopping car so not much mileage but alot of the obvious start stop strain.

TIA

Himji
High mileage corsa - Civic8
No one can really answer that.But assuming it sound engine wise with oil changes done regular.ie full service history no unusual noises.etc.doubt anything to worry about But they do cost a bit to fix any sensor probs.That`s only my experience with them.others may know different.Apart from that good motor
High mileage corsa - elekie&a/c doctor
Corsas are fine as a cheap runabout,but at this age I would choose a 1.2 or1.4 8-valve model; they are more reliable.
High mileage corsa - Dynamic Dave
Generally Vaux engines are fairly bulletproof, but saying that 110k miles is a lot for a small engine. Don\'t let that put you off though, providing it\'s had regular servicing, and the one owner from new isn\'t a boy racer, it should go on for another 50k miles at least - if not many many more. You pays your money and takes your chance. If he has done a fair bit of motorway driving with it, then the mileage shouldn\'t be a problem.

Budget for a cambelt change in 10,000 miles (change at every 40k - used to be 80k but Vaux lowered the timescale) and it\'s advisable to also get the waterpump changed at the same time - unless you have a service history that suggests that this work has recently been done.

Clutch could still be the original one - and if it is, again budget for a new one, sooner rather than later, with all those start stop journeys you intend using it for ;o)

Also check HJ\'s Car By Car Breakdown (Red Menu Bar to left of screen) for his analysis of the Corsa.