Bob The Builder? - NitroBurner
Given a big garage stuffed full of equipment, plenty of money & time of course, what sort of car would you like to create?

For a laugh, I'd like to take a largish saloon or coupe, put a V8 in the back of it & make it front wheel drive...

Then trying to make it handle well...

Bob The Builder? - nick
You want a Tatra (except it's rear-wheel drive). Air-cooled too.
Bob The Builder? - No Do$h
A blinkin' great 4x4 Estate with a huge diesel engine and air-adjustable suspension so you can cane it on the B-roads when you want but have the clearance for a bit of mud-pluggin when needed.

Oh, VW beat me to it.....
Bob The Builder? - Hawesy1982
A caterham-style car but with creature comforts to make it useable as an everyday car too
Bob The Builder? - Garethj
You want a Tatra (except it's rear-wheel drive). Air-cooled too.

I've had two, no-one builds cars madder than they do!

I'd quite like to build a pre-war style car, blame it on seeing Monte Carlo or Bust and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as a child.

Gareth
Bob The Builder? - NitroBurner
Gareth;

Are Tatras still in production? Remember Car Magazine testing one a few years ago - looked a splendid device.

Oh, and further to my original post, I'd have a live axle too...
Bob The Builder? - Garethj
No, the cars were stopped in 1998 after 101 years of manufacture. Aircooled diesel trucks are still made though. My last one was like the one in Car, quad cam V8 semi-mid mounted for excellent handling and good interior space. Big though!

Solid axle with a rear engine? Don't forget those crossply tyres will you? I'm guessing that speeding won't be an issue for you, 10/10ths concentration to keep it in a straight line at 30mph!

Gareth