Not speed or phone but dangerous... - Thommo
This event happened on Friday (5th).

Off M1 junction 15 turned left towards Roade. Came up behind a Rover estate travelling at 20/30 mph (60 limit on road). Woman driver having animated conversation with woman passenger, turning head and looking at passenger for long periods.

Could not overtake due to oncoming traffic and something told me to hang back.

Past speed camera (on open stretch of road) then up hill and round bend. Right turn to Blisworth just past bend. One car sitting waiting to turn right. Woman in Rover 30 mph straight in to back.

Surprisingly large amount of damage but fortunately no one (visably) injured. Stopped to offer services as witness but woman admitted liability (then at least). Owner of other car (Golf as it happens) calls police but the're not interested and say its a civil matter.

The end.

Moral? Shocking driving, woman obviously accident waiting to happen but no punishment because its not in a category where the police get a slice of the wonga. Happen again? Maybe...
Not speed or phone but dangerous... - No Do$h
I'm familiar with that turning to Blisworth and it's ruddy dangerous. No visibility of the junction in advance of the turn and people tend to be accelerating having just got past the camera.
Not speed or phone but dangerous... - Bromptonaut
I'm familiar with that turning to Blisworth and it's ruddy dangerous.
No visibility of the junction in advance of the turn
and people tend to be accelerating having just got past the
camera.

But of course if the camera were not there they would never have slowed down in the first place. It makes me think twice about speed down the hill when it's facing the other way. Presumably meant to "protect" both the Blisworth and Courteenhall turns.

The next camera down, by Roade school, is an eye opener. OK let's assume all the cars that crawl past it are doing 28mph. So just how fast are they going past our similarly sited (edge of conurbation) secondary school in a neighbouring village?. Public education still has a long way to go.