Flat battery - frmarcus
I've experienced a few flat battery occasions with my new Polo. Can HJ suggest any device that stops the battery draining if something's left on, etc. I've seen them somewhere but cant recall. Many thanks!
frmarcus
Flat battery - DL
They're called trickle chargers or battery conditoners.

--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Flat battery - Peter D
How long do you leave the car before you ahve a flat battery. Is the light in the glove box going off when you close it and the boot light and how old is the battery ?? Peter
Flat battery - Claude
A trickle charger is NOT the same as a battery conditioner. Trickle chargers work at a constant current which means that the voltage rises as the battery is charged. They are the cheapest type but are not suitable for extended connection to the battery because the voltage will rise over 13.7v and then cells start gassing. Some of these chargers will give voltages up to 18v. A battery conditoner (or a three/four stage battery charger) is electronically controlled and varies voltage AND current. The cheapest I've found is at Argos for about £25 which is at least £10 cheaper than any others. Having said all that, Halfords and Machine Mart sell small top up chargers at £10-£15 (Clarke, Draper etc) which are technically trickle chargers but the current is so low that, in practice, the voltage doesnt rise beyond about 13.5v. Not suitable for permenant connection but I leave mine connected to the lighter socket for two-three days at a time and the max voltage I have ever measured is 13.6v
Flat battery - Dynamic Dave
Can HJ suggest any device that stops the battery draining
if something's left on, etc.

Wouldn't it be better to check nothing is left on?