Radio Removal - Vauxhall - urlife_006
hi all,

got a Corsa 1997 model, brought new radio and want to get my old CAR300 out, i have undone the grub screws what do i do next, please help.

Sam.
hi all again,

tried to pull it and hit it and it dont budge, are there any screws anywhere else, i see lots of replys to thread people here seem quite technical is this too basic heh. the radio doesnt have any trims just has 4 grubs on the facia, and nothing else seems to be around really want to get my radio in and working, CAR300 is tape player i hate it heh, even if someone knows about any other car radios maybe its the same for mine

Sam
Radio Removal - Vauxhall - BobbyG
Don't know about yours but most radios either have small holes that you put a special tool in which releases a clip at back of radio and slides it out. You may well have a thin frame going round your radio that covers these holes??
Radio Removal - Vauxhall - pafosman
Dont panic!
once you have removed the 4 grub screws (i'm surprised they are still there!) you ideally need the special tools from Halfords or wherever costing about £3. you can use bits of wire or long thin screwdrivers or anything that will go down into the holes and push aside the catches that are holding the radio in the cage. Once you have done it the first time and have the radio removed you can see how easy it is!

yes yes yes, i feel these clips in the holes of the grubs before i will go try now, i must have this thing out lol, will report back, ty very much for the help, now i gotta work out how to get the ashtray back (dont ask!)

Sam
well got my modified coat hanger, and stuck in holes where grubs were radio wont budge, cant get fingers behind to push, its a lil pink fluffy dice now lol, D... Dave any further suggestions?
Radio Removal - Vauxhall - Dynamic Dave
Once you've got the ocat hanger wires in place, put a couple of fingers in the cassette deck hole, and pull.
how hard? very or not very?
Radio Removal - Vauxhall - Dynamic Dave
Obviously not hard enough to snap the front panel, but hard enough to remove the radio. If you stick your fingers in far enough, you'll be able to grab hold of the chassis of the radio for a better grip. Once you've got the locking clips pushed out of the way with the coat hanger, the radio *should* come out easily. The proper removal tool have little tags on the ends to help lock them in place.
Radio Removal - Vauxhall - Civic8
If not try one side at a time usually work`s.
got it thank you very very much, i am very pleased with the help i have recived, just getting old cage out now

Sam