The 100K mile mark.... - AllTorque
I have a 2000W Merc 320 CDi Elegance estate that has now covered 95K miles. The car's great, but is it worth trying to sell now before it passes the 100K mile mark to avoid a large drop down in its value? It's a great car and this is the only reason I have for possibly wanting to part with it. If anyone can comment and suggest what it may lose just by going up to this mileage I'd appreciate their thoughts.

The 100K mile mark.... - Civic8
Not sure about price but looked after should cope well into 200k mark.
The 100K mile mark.... - Roger Jones
I'd continue to look after it and run it well into six figures, reflecting smugly on the low continuing depreciation and cocking a snook at the masses determined to conform with the motor industry's desire to flood the world with new cars. You obviously enjoy the car; presumably it has given you little or no trouble; if it's also free of the W210 rust devil, then keep it.
The 100K mile mark.... - kal
I ove and work in the middle east, Abu Dhabi to be precise. The local executive cab company runs a large fleet of mercedes estate cars all of which are diesal. Most are run almost continuosly dropping passengers between Abu Dhabi Airport and Abu Dhabi city a journey of approx 40km's. Almost all of the cars have down "starship' mileages of between 250,000km's and 500,000 km's. The interiors seem to be coping well as well as far as I can tell. Perhaps its because these cars are continuously run that they cope so as the reliability and performance is very good and the weather is constantly hot all year round between 25c and 45c with an average of 38c. Therefore in my opinion yours should last be able to cover at least a further 200,000 miles if looked after. Furhermore the quality of the local diesal supplied by ADNOC (Abu Dhabi National Oil Corporation) according to Merceddes Abu DHabi is poor but the cars seem unaffected just prodcing some extra soot on acceleration.

If the car is great why sell? I think you will be silly to sell it, but of course it is up to you, may be if you are inundated with buyers that should tell you something....

If I was in the Uk I would buy it off you.....

Rgds....

The 100K mile mark.... - Mondaywoe
Years ago I used to sell my cars at fairly low mileages - about 50,000 miles mark. My previous car, however, (Xantia) was a particular favourite and I kept it until 105,000 miles (9 years!). Even then it was faultless and the bodywork didn't have any sign of rust.

The point is that if you keep the car for a bit longer - and even if it needs some relatively expensive repairs, these will still be insignificant in comparison to the price for replacing with a new car.

As other posters have said, it all hinges on how much you like the car. If it's a faithful friend keep it going. In your case, this should be especially true of the Merc.

Graeme
The 100K mile mark.... - Dizzy {P}
I agree with all that's been said.

You will lose a great deal more on the replacement car than you will by keeping the present one, and you may not find it any better to own and drive.

I speak from vast experience, i.e. many years of repeated mistakes!