Which Polo? - graham sherlock
I'm looking at a used Polo, but I'm not sure what model it is.
The facts are it's a 52 plate old model. 1.4 petrol, with air con & CD player. Is it a fully loaded, end of line model? Any ideas on worth. £7 500 is being asked.
Which Polo? - andymc {P}
Don't know whether or not you've seen the car or are just looking at an ad. You can check HJ's Car-By-Car Breakdown link on the left of the screen to look up information on the old model. The owner should be able to tell you whether it's an E, an S, etc. I've also found the What Car? site valuation service a useful tool for checking what was standard kit for the spec levels on older models.

It's worth bearing in mind that it may be an import - nothing wrong with that in itself, so long as it's got at least the full UK spec. If it doesn't, the price should reflect this. Other things to look for like mileage, service history, etc can be found in (you guessed it) HJ's guide How to Buy & Sell Cars, by clicking on the link on the left. You can also compare prices by using the Autotrader ad on the left and searching for VW Polos.

The new shape Polo started at £7995 last year. Have you thought about a Skoda Fabia? Might be worth comparing prices on similar age cars - the Fabia is on a more up-to-date platform than the old Polo, so drives better and is a roomier car for the money.
andymc
Which Polo? - jeds
Could be a Polo Match - they came with the extra kit as standard. Wife has one same date. Excellent car.
Which Polo? - DavidHM
A new Polo Twist is £8750 as a three dorr from www.ukcarbroker.co.uk/vwpolo.htm . A £1250 saving (or more after haggling) isn't too bad for a year's motoring, but then we're talking about an entirely different generation of car.

It may be worth a look below £6750 or so.