Vectra Di injector seals - CarlW
Hi All

I've just been quoted £440 from a dealer to change the injector seals (dodgy starting) on my '97 2.0 Di Vectra.
Does this seem about right??
Do you know anywhere in the South East that might do it cheaper??

Thanks in advance
Carl
Vectra Di injector seals - wemyss
Carl, My 98TDi was diagnosed as requiring injector seals by main dealer Vauxhall and is a five hour job.. I think they quoted about £53.00 per hour + vat.
However before you go down this route have you had the rubber spill pipes off the injectors replaced?.
Luckily for myself I have a friend who was a vauxhall mechanic who said that whilst the injector seals do occasionaly require replacing in 9 out of 10 cases it is the spill pipes which are causing the bad starting. But Vauxhall always tell the customer it is the seals.
He came down and replaced them in ten minutes and the problem was solved.

Vectra Di injector seals - CarlW
Thanks for the info, I have already changed the pipes. It just seems to cough a bit when first started, although it does always actually start.
I think i'll just leave it for now as funds are tight!!

Cheers
Carl
Vectra Di injector seals - richkid
hi mate

wondering if you could help me, im pretty confident myself and would attempt to change the injector seals myself as im also having a very similar problem as discussed in november with carl.

but im not confident enough to start removing the cam. i was wondering if your mate the vauxhall speciallist knows if i can actually change these without removing the cam .
any advise re this from anyone is welcome, just need pointing in the right direction.

thanks
rich
Vectra Di injector seals - wemyss
The spill pipes are nearly always the problem with tis engine and I presume you have already done this?.
My fiend who was a Vauxhall mechanic told me that they always remove the cam and is quite a job.
However I did once mention on this site that my local independant did at this time tell me that they had done one without this and it was a pig of a job.
No idea how he did it and not even sure what these seals actually are.
I had always thought they were referring to the normal washer on an injector but apparently not and it is something at the top of the injector.
Someone more knowledgeable will perhaps explain