Where is the alarm output wire on 306 - Pug306xldt
Hi,

Does anyone know where the alarm output wire would be on a 1995 peugeot 306 which has a factory fitted alarm.

I have brought a Knight Rider Light and would like it to work with my alarm but I don\'t know which wire is the alarm output one.

Thanks

Pug306xldt

Try and avoid posting in Caps. It comes across as shouting. I\'ve edited the post so you may get some replies instead of being ignored. Ta. ND
Where is the alarm output wire on 306 - hm
Not too sure if this will help, but the Alarm itself is located under the front passenger side wing behind the wheel arch.

Where is the alarm output wire on 306 - solara
That is the alarm siren. If you want to get to the actual alarm/immobiliser control unit, that is under the drivers seat.
Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Its says to connect the trigger wire to either the alarm output wire (Has a ground signal when alarm is on) or to the ignition wire (Has a 12v signal when the car key is in the "on" position). Time when the alarm is on or when the ignition is off the led sequential light will activate the flashing pattern.

How will I know which wire is the alarm output wire, would I be able to connect the trigger wire to the back of the alarm light which sits to the left of the heater fans in the centre console of the dashboard, so when I set the alarm and that led flashes will it make the knight rider leds flash as well?

Thanks

Pug306xldt

A bit confusing, however, It sounds like your "knight rider panel" requires a 12v trigger signal, along with the usual negative earth and 12v power supply connection. Is this right?

You should be able to test it by connecting it to your car battery, and seeing what happens when the trigger wire is connected to either terminal (GND or +12V). Once you have determined what triggers it, you need the same source of signal from your car.

If you have a multimeter you should be able to find a suitable source by probing around. I doubt if the LED is a 12V flashing LED, as it usually flashes at two different frequencies (depending whether an alarm has been triggered whilst you were away).

I assume you only want the knight rider to flash for a short while and not the entire period whilst the alarm is armed!

I have a pinout of the central locking control unit (situated behind the rear passenger seat (driver side), if you are really stuck. But it seems a long way to run a wire just for a knight rider light!

Good luck KITT!

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Yes it has 3 wires positive, trigger and negative.

I want it to stay flashing only when the alarm is set,
and when the alarm isn't set then it will be off.

It has 6 different flashing patterns.

I will give it ago like you said.

Thanks

Pug306xldt
Leaving the led panel flashing whilst armed may have a considerable drain on the battery overnight. Keep in mind that Diesels need all the power they can get to start on a cold morning.
Hi,

Thanks, I didn't think of it draining the battery.
I will try it and see how it gos.

Thanks again

Pug306cldt

Where is the alarm output wire on 306 - Dynamic Dave
I would be very surprised if a handful of LEDs were able to drain a battery overnight.
Keep it on the lowest frequency setting to minimize power requirements. It might say on the box what the current drain is.

Out of interest where are you going to stick the LED panel?