car polish - bugged {P}
Hi all,

Boyfriend came home the other day with some new car polish,
Zymol its called, I have always used auto glym and found it really good but boyfriend thought he'd try out something else.

First impressions are good, its all made of natural stuff and
smells like coconuts! really nice!!

Anyway having not used it before he read the instructions and
decided to send off for this free booklet about it, some of the stuff in there is a bit of a joke mind you, some of the waxes come in silk pouches inside little wooden boxes!

But it says in there before using the wax for the first time you should use this stuff called HD cleanse to clean the car first.

Has anyone else used it and what do you think??? Or is it all a ploy to squeeze us for more money??
car polish - matt35 {P}
Bugged,
If you don't use the HD cleaner, the expensive Zymol does not 'stick'.
I used Zymol for a while, but with the weather in the UK there were only about 3 days a year I could use it!
Matt35.
car polish - r_welfare
You can buy a "starter pack" which has the HD Cleanse, polish and shampoo together with a drying cloth and wax applicator - it's very expensive though (£75 I think) and must usually be ordered direct. Having said it's long-lasting, smells nice (!) and will give fantastic results - although it won't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I probably won't buy it again as it's just too pricey for me to justify.
car polish - Sooty Tailpipes
My Dad used to use this stuff a few years ago, so I used to go round ther to wax my car and use it too. Now he's retired, he doesn't use it duw to the price.

I remember there were tow types of HD cleanse, one was brown and smelled a bit like cocoa, the other smelled citrussy.

The HD cleanse is wonderful, and even after just thoroughly washing the car, its amazing how black the cloth is after using HD cleanse, this is all residue which would have been waxed over.

The Zynol we had was via mail order and was hard and turqiouse in a clear plastic tub. It may have been called Titanium.

About a year ago, I bough some Zymol in Halfords, but I have to say it wasn't as good, even though it smelled just as nice. It wasa liquid in a bottle. It seemed much harder to get a streak free finish. They don't sell the HD xleanse there.

I have also heard that this is made under license by Turtle Wax in the UK.

If you can get the HD Cleanse at a reasonable price, then go for it!
car polish - LongDriver {P}
So how does that stuff work that's in a bottle which you attach to your hosepipe and just spray over your car?

It certainly DOES give a mirror finish, but how???
car polish - bugged {P}
Thanks everyone for your replies!!

Id better not mention he might get some of this stuff for christmas because he visits this site regularly and I wouldnt want to spoil the suprise!

car polish - Sooty Tailpipes
Thanks for that Longdriver, I bought some of this Carplan Triplewax Mirror Finish for £7.99 and have tried it three times now, and very impressed! I have always seen it in the shops and cocked a snoot, and thought it was something for people who can't be bothered to polish their car and it would be rubbish. But I will now use it as part of my weekly car washing routine.
It make the water bead much better than similar products like this, and leathering off at this time of year can be a pain, but not after this, most water beads off , and the leather glides more easily.

I also like the thought of it getting into all the nooks and crannies and hopefully preventing detergent corrosion.