key programming - ford mondeo, r reg - de5
my key fob would not work i replaced the battery still no luck then found out information on-line but the fob will only lock and unlock 3 doors now not the drivers door anybody know what i should do next

thanks
key programming - ford mondeo, r reg - Dynamic Dave
oops, finger trouble - in editing this thread I have just deleted a reply from someone. Sorry, can you post again?

DD. BR Moderator.
you asked me what make and model

i said ford mondeo r reg
key programming - ford mondeo, r reg - Dynamic Dave
No, not you.

Someone else replied asking something along the lines of "does the key still unlock / lock all the doors from the drivers door?", which I then accidentally deleted while editing "ford mondeo, r reg" into the subject header.

Anyway, if the remote unlocks all the doors apart from the drivers door, then it would suggest that there's a fault with the actuator on that door.

Not sure if these sites help or not with reprogramming the remote plip?
www.mirez.co.uk/KeyProg.htm
www.fordmondeo.org/mods_keyfob.htm
key programming - ford mondeo, r reg - elekie&a/c doctor
Mr deleted here!!I would suggest the fault is the drivers door electric actuator (a known problem on this year of mondeo)Plip key programming is a differnt issue ,procedure varies depending on whether car has infra-red or radio key.If key has glass "lens" at the front ,it is infra-red.
the key will not lock any door now, you press it once to lock then again to immobilise but now when i press it once it locks but unocks all doors straight away without even touching the key at the moment it can only be lock manualy