Customer Service. - Pugugly {P}
Mrs PU is still pursuing the Motorcycle bug. She wanted a helemet. Whilst we were up in Cheshire this weekend we visited J&S Motorcycles at Northwich. Superb Customer Service. Young chap approached her as she gazed at the Shoei display. He then spent a good twenty minutes until they found what would suit. Nothing was too much trouble, including searching for the "right" colour through dozens of boxes. Excellent.
Customer Service. - martint123
Thanks for that PU - sounds like she's taken the plunge now cash has parted hands!, I'm popping into Leeds in a week or two, I'll try the branch there.
I try to buy a spare visor at the same time as a new helmet - shows how their stocks are, how expensive they might be (very!), I tend to have one plain and stick a dark insert in the other - oh yes, and one as a spare.

Martin.
Customer Service. - David L
PU,

Good to hear!!
How's Mrs PUs choice of motorcycle coming along?

-David.
Aftr some thought she's going for a 125cc. She's looking for a Yamaha SR, mind you whilst at J&S she spotted a very large framed,125 cc,Taiwanese Custom low rider thingy. Yes she fell for it.
Customer Service. - Ian (Cape Town)
she spotted a very large framed,125 cc,Taiwanese Custom low rider thingy. Yes she fell
for it.

As long as she doesn't fall OFF it, Pug!
Sounds like your salesman is himself a biker, so would know all the ins and outs of requirements. I will go out of my way to buy products [and services] from people who are in the job for the love of it, as opposed to just 9-to-5ing to earn some pennies. A classic example is with tyres - I can go to the local monkey-staffed franchise dealer, who will just lob on any rubber they happen to have on special, or I can go to a place run by a bloke who races saloon cars at weekends, and has been in the business for many years, who will discuss needs v price v roadholding v wear rates v wet-weather performance etc for a while before he makes his recommendation.
This was seriously good service. I have a suspicion that people who work in motorcycle dealers (however shiny) tend to be enthusiasts - if only Car Dealers were the same...
Customer Service. - martint123
I have a suspicion that people who work in motorcycle dealers (however shiny) tend to be enthusiasts

Sadly this is not usually the case ;( You are lucky, the ratings from the undercover magazine surveys have a few shining lights, but a lot of dross - complete with iffy servicing. If you do find a good one, stick with them.