Where were the Sharon's, Alhambras and G - Diem
Can anyone settle a debate? Some say the early VW Sharans were built in Germany and Galaxys somewhere else (no one knew about early Alhambras); others say all three have always been built on the same line in Portugal. Can anyone be absolutley certain please?

Diem
Where were the Sharon's, Alhambras and G - NeilT
They are all built on the same production line in Portugal.
Neil T
SEAT Leon TDi 150, Toledo 20VT Sport, Various Montegos...
Where were the Sharon's, Alhambras and G - NeilT
And I should add that my father has owned 2 Galaxys, an early 1996 V6 GLX and a late 2001 V6 Ghia, both from Portugal.
Neil T
Where were the Sharon's, Alhambras and G - T Lucas
They are all poorly put together in Portugal.
Where were the Sharon\'s, Alhambras and G - NeilT
They are all poorly put together in Portugal.

My dad did 92k miles in first one without a rattle, and his newest one is even better, I also know another 3 owners (Galaxy and Alhambra) who have had no quality issues!!!.... where did you get that info from?

Neil T
Where were the Sharon's, Alhambras and G - T Lucas
Experience of about a dozen all older than 2001 autos,manuals,Galaxys,Sharans, Alhambras and a mix of engines and mileages upto 110,000 miles.
Fragile interiors,central locking,electric windows,oil leaks,alarms,a/c and climate control,sloppy manual g/box,but they are popular and punters do like to buy them.
I would not want one for myself.
Where were the Sharon's, Alhambras and G - Ivor E Tower
All 3 versions have been built in the same factory in Portugal called Autoeuropa. Did you post the same question on the forum at Fordgalaxy.org.uk? - because someone did, and I've posted 2 interesting links there.
Where were the Sharon's, Alhambras and G - Diem
Ivor,
Thanks, and yes I did post it on the Fordgalaxy site - I will look at your links.

Thanks again