Changing sidelight bulbs on a Vectra - mark_wuk
Hi,

I have a W plate 2 litre vectra, which needs a new sidelight bulb on the near side.

I have removed the small fuse box, and got into the back of the lights, but, mainly I think because I have large hands I cannot get the sidelight bulb out - it won't come out past the plastic housing on the rear of the light.

I'm sure there is a simple way to do it, even if you haven't got tiny hands! you just know what it is!

Thanks in advance

Mark.
Changing sidelight bulbs on a Vectra - SjB {P}
Remove the battery?
Loads of room them.
Be sure to read the owner's manual first though, because there is a sequence involving 'powering down' before disconnecting the battery.

If you don't follow this, and have the Vx alarm fitted, it will start sounding (it has its own power supply).
Thanks, I'd considered that, but given the current weather conditions, and the fact that by the time I get to look at it, its getting dark, I was hoping to complete the job without any tools!

Does anyone know of a simple way to get them out?

Cheers

Mark.
Changing sidelight bulbs on a Vectra - SjB {P}
<<< Does anyone know of a simple way to get them out? >>>

Remove the battery! ;-)

That is unfortunately the only 'simple' way I know of improving access.

I could 'just' wriggle the bulbs with my fingers, but I know of others with larger hands who had to remove the battery to get at them, even when using a dental mirror to try and see where to put their fingers.

Good luck.
Thanks!

Sounds like a daylight job!

Probably lucky that I have the weekend!

Cheers

Mark.
Changing sidelight bulbs on a Vectra - whitecraw
I found that I had to pull upwards on the rear of the headlight bulbholder assembly, otherwise the sidelight bulbholder couldn't be withdrawn at all.
(Y reg 2.0DTI).
Changing sidelight bulbs on a Vectra - Sooty Tailpipes
If you undo the battery clamp, it may slide a few mm away from the light if it was not installed all the way back.

As you get your fingers behind there, you can see the bulb wiggle if you wiggle the right bit on the back of the lamp. Try and pull between two fingers the two wires that make the bulb wiggle until the holder slides out, Replace bulb, and refit while switched on so that you can see the light going near the hole to help locate it.