306 pulls to the right - leeboy
had tracking done had it in any amounts of garages there is no visable damage to wheels,the wheels spin freely,any ideas,ive been told it could be the diveshaft, could be costly and not sort the problem,cheers
306 pulls to the right - M.M
Have the tyres been considered?

M.M
306 pulls to the right - L'escargot
had tracking done had it in any amounts of garages there
is no visable damage to wheels,the wheels spin freely,any ideas,ive been
told it could be the diveshaft, could be costly and not
sort the problem,cheers

I had something similar on an XR3i, and it occurred from new.
My dealer tried all sorts of things, and came up with all sorts of theories ~ like "one of the drive shafts is solid and one is hollow and the solid one twists more than the hollow one under acceleration, sir". They completely ignored the fact that one being solid and one being hollow was to give the same twist in two shafts that were of different lengths, and also that, in general, Ford know what they are doing. In the end, I did a few tests of my own and found that swapping the front wheels from one side to the other resulted in the direction of the "pull" changing from left to right and vice versa. I concluded that the problem was in the tyres. My dealer verified my thinking by changing the tyres (under warranty) to another make (Michelin) which cured the problem. I've long since felt that Michelin tyres are more consistent than most other makes ~ more circular, more concentric, and inherently better balanced.
--
L'escargot by name, but not by nature.
306 pulls to the right - leeboy
ill try that,cheers
306 pulls to the right - Vagelis
A factor that many times affects car-behavior in a not-so-obvious manner: tyre pressures!

If a front tyre's pressure is lower than that of the opposite front tyre, the lower pressure tyre will have a slightly shorter radious. So with the steering wheel straight, the car would pull to the side of that tyre!

Happened to me once, started thinking, investigated, and found out I had a nail in the front tyre of the side the car was pulling to.

Vagelis.
306 pulls to the right - Andrew-T
V - I don't think the 'radius' of your flat tyre has anything to do with it; the diff would absorb any difference. It's just that one side of the car was going up a steeper hill than the other.
306 pulls to the right - Vagelis
You're right with the diff; it will compensate for the difference between the two wheels. What nags me though is that the car did pull to the left, and the left tyre did have a lower pressure, due to the nail in it (it wasn't flat).

So, maybe it was an interference with the steering, I don't know, something like that. Spent a half hour thinking about it, got a mild headache now %-|

My answer is out there (somewhere)...

Vagelis.
306 pulls to the right - Dan G
I had similar problems with my 306 pulling to one side. The tyre pressures did make difference, but didn't solve it. I got the tracking checked, but everything was OK. I changed the front wheels around which only made the pulling 10x worse, combined with a very wonky steering wheel - some very peculiar problem with the tyres.

Put new tyres on, and everything was fine.