Bull bars - Andy Bairsto
Does anybody know about the new regs which come into force next year regarding bull bars ,I believe they are to be banned on new vehicles and a year later must be removed from older vehicles ,is this correct.
Re: Bull bars - honest john
The States of Jersey applied these laws three years ago. I ran an answer about it showing a Lamborghini LM 4x4 with bull bars and a Jersey reg. The woman who owned it threatened to sue the Telegraph for defamation of her car. They phoned me about it while I was on holiday in Bali, so I put them on to the Jersey cop who told me about the ban. The woman's Lambo was then found and banned from Jersey. A result, as they say.

HJ
Re: Bull bars - Darcy Kitchin
I hope so. Does anyone know what they're for (in UK)?
Re: Bull bars - richard turpin
Darcy,
They are for bulls, of course....And a sense of invulnerability, macho whatsit, and general bird pulling power.(trouble is it works. So who is the dummy?)
Re: Bull bars - Dave
richard turpin wrote:
>
> Darcy,
> They are for bulls, of course....And a sense of
> invulnerability, macho whatsit, and general bird pulling
> power.(trouble is it works. So who is the dummy?)

And lets face it. If a buffalo ran out on you on the Chertsea by-pass you'd be glad of them!
Re: Bull bars - Andrew Smith
They are to protect the 4x4 in the event of coliding with something (a tree?) whilst off road. In this context they make perfect sense.
The problem is as very few 4x4's go off road they represent a safety hazard on the road.